This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what is Revo Uninstaller good for other than only unistalling?

#1ajko000Posted 9/17/2013 7:34:04 PM(edited)
Everything else it has can either be done with...

1. CCleaner
2. Knowledge of your Browser/"Clear All Browsing Data."
3. Destroying your storage device.
4. Common knowledge of your OS/Windows Explorer.

I mean the Uninstaller is phenomenal, it detected a bunch of Registry stuff that CCleaner didn't, and on top of that it basically just gives you a more organized/less directory digging way of finding things.

Am I wrong? I don't like to have programs on my computer if I can do certain things easily or without much effort, but the Uninstaller seems to be the only thing that really saves me time and gets me what I want out of it.

EDIT: Oh and I want to know, is this program the go-to/best of the best? At least in terms of what it's intended for, uninstalling things completely while not leaving anything behind.

In case anyone asks, yes, I'm OCD.
#2StarksPosted 9/17/2013 7:41:17 PM
Revo is pretty good

Saved my ass a bunch of times
---
#otchat ~ https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/otchat
Mods/Gods 2013
#3JockoPosted 9/17/2013 7:58:11 PM
ajko000 posted...
EDIT: Oh and I want to know, is this program the go-to/best of the best? At least in terms of what it's intended for, uninstalling things completely while not leaving anything behind.

It's the best that I know of. I thought it was a silly program at first because I though that the uninstall feature in CCleaner was the same thing. I was wrong. I knew about it for about five years and then finally decided to try it for the heck of it and I was sold immediately.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#4ajko000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:29:02 PM
Jocko posted...
ajko000 posted...

It's the best that I know of. I thought it was a silly program at first because I though that the uninstall feature in CCleaner was the same thing. I was wrong. I knew about it for about five years and then finally decided to try it for the heck of it and I was sold immediately.

Haha I thought the same thing until I compared it. Our stories are almost completely identical.