This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC using 97% of my 8GB of RAM

#212Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/17/2013 8:31:08 PM
Is your computer actually acting slow? Have you run a virus scan or anything?
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#22Madmicky933Posted 9/17/2013 8:32:14 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
See, this is what I'm talking about. Instead of actually helping, you're trying to be funny.

More people should treat GameFAQs as it was intended and stop acting like this is Reddit Jr.

Click on the Memory tab and see which one is using most of your RAM.

Also, disable everything in your startup tab, apply, hit OK, and then restart your PC.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#23Combo MasterPosted 9/17/2013 8:34:55 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
Combo Master posted...
One program must be eating most of the memory even though it doesn't show that in task manager. I had this problem before when it was utorrent taking up all my ram until i changed a cache setting.

If this continues to happen and you can't find a program that is causing all your ram to be eaten up you most likely have a virus.

The only program I've used today is Origin. I bought BF3 and the PC was working fine before I started downloading the Premium update. I've paused the download and closed out Origin, but most of the 7.8 GB of RAM is still in use.

Ok Well I would still start closing programs besides the main system ones and see what happens. If you cannot find the problem that way just restart and hope it's just a one time glitch.If it continues to happen and it's not an application using up all the ram and your system is clean it sounds like it can be faulty ram or another hardware problem.
---
Combo Master
#24MasterDonGeroPosted 9/17/2013 8:49:17 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
squarenixfan119 posted...
Close the pr0n tabs

See, this is what I'm talking about. Instead of actually helping, you're trying to be funny.

More people should treat GameFAQs as it was intended and stop acting like this is Reddit Jr.

It's a free bump. Stop being so pissy.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#25Nick_Saban(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:50:26 PM
Madmicky933 posted...
Nick_Saban posted...

Click on the Memory tab and see which one is using most of your RAM.

Also, disable everything in your startup tab, apply, hit OK, and then restart your PC.

Isn't that what I posted?

I disabled everything that wasnt Intel and restarted, still 97-98% of my RAM is in use.
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#26Nick_Saban(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:53:27 PM
Digital Storm posted...
Here's a question, does it still show the same memory usage after a reboot?

Yes.
---
#27Digital StormPosted 9/17/2013 8:56:01 PM
The only things I can think of is you either a) have something installed that is using memory as ramdisk and it's misreporting actual usage or b) you have a pool memory leak which won't show up unless you run something like poolmon from the Windows Driver Kit.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#28Nick_Saban(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:56:56 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
Nick_Saban posted...
squarenixfan119 posted...
Close the pr0n tabs

It's a free bump. Stop being so pissy.

Last night, I had a PC that could run BF3, right now I have an $800 machine that cant run CCleaner.

Dont tell me to not be pissy. It's $800 of my money up in the air right now.
---
#29Nick_Saban(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 9:00:26 PM
Digital Storm posted...
The only things I can think of is you either a) have something installed that is using memory as ramdisk and it's misreporting actual usage or b) you have a pool memory leak which won't show up unless you run something like poolmon from the Windows Driver Kit.

What would use the memory as a ramdisk? Would a pending download? Before I started downloading the premium maps for BF3, the PC was working fine.
---
#30Combo MasterPosted 9/17/2013 9:02:38 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
Digital Storm posted...
Here's a question, does it still show the same memory usage after a reboot?

Yes.

Really sounds like hardware base issue since you have just built the computer yourself 2 weeks ago. If you have nothing running besides system applications and still shows all the ram being used. All you can do is a reformat. I would think it could only be faulty ram or possibly your power supply causing your system to over heat if it is a hardware issue.
---
Combo Master