This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sega bought Atlus = Total War: Persona?

#21n00blet245Posted 9/18/2013 7:10:22 AM
Hi C posted...
Literally one of the only console developers I still care about gets bought by a terrible publisher who hates localizing titles, which is what Atlus is popular for, and is currently blindly trudging towards iOS and mobile s***.

*sigh*

To be fair, its not like any other big gaming company buying Atlus wouldve been better. All other third-party devs in Japan are pretty crap in handling their IPs right now - most notably Capcom and SquareEnix.

The Sega hate is understandable given their track record when it comes to localization but I honestly think they were the best out of the bunch. Let's just all be happy that there is a very small chance that Persona 5 *might* reach the PC.
#22CammyApplePosted 9/18/2013 6:03:02 PM
People act like Sega doesn't want to make money. They would like to localize games, if it was profitable enough. But Yakuza isn't GTA.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#23WygunPosted 9/18/2013 7:15:37 PM
CammyApple posted...
People act like Sega doesn't want to make money. They would like to localize games, if it was profitable enough. But Yakuza isn't GTA.

That. And atlus kind of hated europe so this is could be better, for me at least.
#24KeyeszxPosted 9/18/2013 7:35:43 PM
I can't wait to see what Atlus franchise they decide to put into Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#25KeyeszxPosted 9/19/2013 5:27:29 AM
I was just thinking. Maybe they bought Atlus so they could speed up the localization of their games since Atlus localizes games so much. Maybe that was their thought process and having them work on mobile games is just a way to make it seem like they're being kept busy while a majority of them are localizing games.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#26temgunPosted 9/19/2013 5:40:59 AM
Soooo, SMT superpack on Steam pretty please?