This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What were you playing on September 11, 2001?

#261Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 4:43:14 AM
I think it's funny that people keep saying FFX, but it didn't release in NA until December that year, and it didn't release in EU until May of 2002.

Anyhoozles, I didn't think this would be such a huge topic. As for the actual events of that day, I remember waking up to get ready for work and then seeing the news cast, and during the newscast, the second plane hit.

I still got ready for work, went in, and then they let us go home. I worked retail at the time, so I helped close down the store, and we were getting reports of what had happened to our stores, because we had two stores in the basement of the WTC.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#262MarceloSampaioPosted 9/19/2013 5:23:20 AM
Monkeymage posted...
I think it's funny that people keep saying FFX, but it didn't release in NA until December that year, and it didn't release in EU until May of 2002.

Many people where playing the Japanese version. Some people here DO understand Japanese, you know.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#263Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:55:20 AM
MarceloSampaio posted...
Monkeymage posted...

Many people where playing the Japanese version. Some people here DO understand Japanese, you know.

1) No they weren't. Most of the people posting here were in elementary school to middle school, do you really think that they imported the Japanese version of FFX?
2) Statistically I would say the number is very low. Even on the RPG boards, only a few people are actually able to read Japanese.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#264ShadowGomamonPosted 9/19/2013 6:27:20 AM
I was just coming home from school when it happened (UK time) then watched the news for a few hours with my parents. Don't remember anything else.
#265Master_FaustPosted 9/19/2013 8:38:28 PM(edited)
Monkeymage posted...
I think it's funny that people keep saying FF X, but it didn't release in NA until December that year, and it didn't release in EU until May of 2002.

No they weren't. Most of the people posting here were in elementary school to middle school, do you really think that they imported the Japanese version of FFX?

OP confirmed for being an absolute noob in this kind of matter.
Everyone, from this point on just ignore anything what OP says - his opinion is completely irrelevant and does not have any weight whatsoever.
---
I play these anytime and at any place: "Guitar Freaks" series, "Silent Hill" series, "The King of Fighters" series, X series, DDR.
#266Zephyr BlayzePosted 9/20/2013 8:48:21 AM(edited)
Nothing. I was in class at CCNY in Harlem, in a 6th floor south facing room looking at a horizon of smoke and wondering wtf happened and feeling very lucky that I passed under it in the subway literally minutes before it happened.

[Edit for cellphone typing inability]
---
http://hatefill.com/
"1% of the users received 95% of the karma bonuses. Occupy GameFAQs." -DetroitDJ
#267somebody336Posted 9/20/2013 9:15:12 AM
Preschool.
#268gorb_Posted 9/20/2013 11:19:23 AM
either hldm or counterstrike
---
gorb
#269strongo9Posted 9/20/2013 11:53:12 AM
Who really cares? It was 12 years ago. It's time to forget. I was probably playing Paper Mario or some other great N64 game.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m