This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please help! Tried to put x-star to 120hz

#1nehukogPosted 9/18/2013 7:31:27 AM
Got my xstar 27in monitor in and used that custome resolution utility to try to put it at 120hz. Well on that forum where they talk about how to do it it said to click the 60hz profile and copy and paste it in a new profile. Well there is no option to make a new profile so I just hit edit on the the active one and set it to 120hz refresh rate

Now my monitor won't display an image! The blue power light just keeps blinking. If you force shutdown the pc and turn it back on the monitor will display the screen asking to boot in safe or normal mode, and when you hit normal it will show the windows logo but then the screen just goes black!
#2SlaynPosted 9/18/2013 7:32:23 AM
Sorry dude. You need to buy a new monitor. They won't accept the return to Korea for that reason.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#3nehukog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:41:13 AM
So the monitor is actually fried?! It was working just fine before I did this! There's no way to reset it?
#4nehukog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:50:23 AM
ok so I plugged the monitor into another DVI port and it works now! I tried to go back into that program and put the refresh rate for the original from 120 to like 90, and plugged it back into the first port I was using and it still didn't work. Am I now only going to be able to use this spare DVI port and only have this at 60hz? WTF!
#5Fade2black001Posted 9/18/2013 8:05:55 AM
nehukog posted...
ok so I plugged the monitor into another DVI port and it works now! I tried to go back into that program and put the refresh rate for the original from 120 to like 90, and plugged it back into the first port I was using and it still didn't work. Am I now only going to be able to use this spare DVI port and only have this at 60hz? WTF!

YOu shouldn't fool around with that crap. OC'ing a monitor may end up bricking it.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#6nehukog(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 8:58:51 AM
then why do they make it sound like anyone can do it? I followed the directions, and everyone elses worked out fine :(
#7wildog2006Posted 9/18/2013 8:59:43 AM
you're lucky one port still works. kids these days
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
#8DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/18/2013 9:16:52 AM
Pretty hard to brick a monitor by overclocking.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#9Fade2black001Posted 9/18/2013 10:11:03 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Really? I heard and read that it could. I could OC my monitor to 75hz but whats the point?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10Dollarman_2005Posted 9/18/2013 11:05:07 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Really? I heard and read that it could. I could OC my monitor to 75hz but whats the point?

But you likely can't, because most monitors cannot OC beyond their factory settings.

Mine's at 96 hz (Can hit about 110 but that's not divisible by 24) and it looks amazing. Once you actually -try- a different refresh rate, the difference is beyond noticeable. Skyrim at 96 fps with full mods looks gorgeous. Though I'd argue the diminishing returns don't happen too far past like 80ish, I can't say I notice that much difference between my 96 and 110 setups.