This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix Star Wars Battlefront 2?

#1sentry76Posted 9/18/2013 8:31:16 AM
I got the game to install just fine and it makes it to the main screen. But whether I try Galactic Conquest or the campaign I start having problems. After I select what I want to play it makes it to the loading screen with all the bubbles at the bottom of the screen, the bubbles fill up and sometimes it plays with no problems. But about 50% of the time it never stops loading and just sets on this loading screen and I have to terminate the program or restart my computer.

I wondered if anyone knows how to fix this problem as I really want to play the game. I googled for answers and could only find a few posts asking how to fix the same problem but none of the solutions have worked for me.

I'm running windows 7 and it's the retail version of the game with the cd's. I have also tried some of the compatibility options and the 1.1 patch which I think is the most current patch.

Computer stats are

Windows 7 64 bit ,AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0 ghz ,8 gigs of RAM ,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb.

One thing I wanted to try is something I seen on tweakguides about setting the processor affinity after the game is running but it won't let me do this. It tells me access denied when I try it.

Any ideas would be welcome.
#2ShadowBanjoPosted 9/18/2013 8:33:19 AM
Run it in windowed mode. You may also have to turn sound settings to the lowest.

Battlefront 2 is known for being broken on new computers, that's really all you can do to fix it.
#3JKatarnPosted 9/18/2013 8:42:14 AM
On my machine I had to enable "stereo mix" under recording devices or the game would crash to desktop at the loading screen, perhaps this will help you. After doing that I've had no problems, other than a few minor graphical glitches that are to be expected with a newer card/drivers playing an older game (clone commander chaingun is missing rear polygons in first person view etc.)
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#4sonicteam2k1Posted 9/18/2013 8:55:08 AM
you might have to uninstall OpenAL. If someone suggested that you have to "enable stereo mix", then OpenAL could be the problem. Especially if you have a creative sound card.

If not I don't know what to tell you.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#5Madmicky933Posted 9/18/2013 9:12:49 AM
It always crashes after the 3rd match for me. I don't understand why. It does on my friend's PC as well.

Why? Why does it do that?
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..