This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Us there an actual reason that EA won't make madden on PC?

#1Brutal_FelixPosted 9/18/2013 9:32:59 AM
Like preferably a link with an explanation? I don't care if its the worst port ever and needs Origin, I NEED Madden and I don't want a console.
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#2GoIrish80Posted 9/18/2013 9:37:43 AM
All that's ever been stated are round-about comments that the PC versions don't sell enough.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#3anthrax360xPosted 9/18/2013 9:38:03 AM
Because the puny average PC can't handle it.
---
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.
#4sonicteam2k1Posted 9/18/2013 9:39:33 AM
looks like you'll be buying a console then TC. Sucks for people who enjoy football because if 2K and Visual Concepts were able to make NFL games, they'll be on the PC for sure.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#5Brutal_Felix(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:39:57 AM
GoIrish80 posted...
All that's ever been stated are round-about comments that the PC versions don't sell enough.

I'm fairly sure there are many PC games that would sell worse than a yearly Madden. And even if it wouldn't sell alot it's not like EA isn't rolling in dough.
---
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz // ASRock Z77 Extreme4 // Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB // Ripjaws X Series 8 GB // Razer DeathAdder 2013
#6GoIrish80Posted 9/18/2013 9:41:39 AM
Brutal_Felix posted...
GoIrish80 posted...

I'm fairly sure there are many PC games that would sell worse than a yearly Madden. And even if it wouldn't sell alot it's not like EA isn't rolling in dough.

Hey you wanted an answer, you got it.

I don't disagree with you, I'd buy Madden/NCAA/NHL on PC every year. But that's their company line.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#7GreenMage7Posted 9/18/2013 9:49:21 AM
The only reason people buy a new copy every year is for roster updates. So they don't try. If they made a PC version, people wouldn't buy a new copy for a roster update, they could just make their own. It means that EA would actually have to innovate to sell new copies.

What a ridiculous concept. Why do that when you can just pull out features every year and re-release them on a rotation so you have "new" things? Did you guys see the "new" owner mode in Madden 25. That has never existed before. Especially in not in the PS2 version that I think is still lying around here somewhere or the 2008 version that was actually released on PC.

Seriously, the lack of competition has turned it into a joke. Just get the Tecmo Super Bowl 14 rom and deal with the graphics. It's better than Madden 25.
#8TheMisfitPosted 9/18/2013 10:27:37 AM
Brutal_Felix posted...
Like preferably a link with an explanation? I don't care if its the worst port ever and needs Origin, I NEED Madden and I don't want a console.

You 'NEED' Madden and you don't want a console. Well apparently you don't 'NEED' it after all.

Play Madden 95 on a genesis emulator.
---
GameFAQs fanboy for 12 years.
#930aught6Posted 9/18/2013 10:43:37 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
The only reason people buy a new copy every year is for roster updates. So they don't try. If they made a PC version, people wouldn't buy a new copy for a roster update, they could just make their own. It means that EA would actually have to innovate to sell new copies.

What a ridiculous concept. Why do that when you can just pull out features every year and re-release them on a rotation so you have "new" things? Did you guys see the "new" owner mode in Madden 25. That has never existed before. Especially in not in the PS2 version that I think is still lying around here somewhere or the 2008 version that was actually released on PC.

Seriously, the lack of competition has turned it into a joke. Just get the Tecmo Super Bowl 14 rom and deal with the graphics. It's better than Madden 25.

Essentially why they stopped developing PC titles for their sports games.

There are still many people playing NHL'09 online with roster updates in leagues and what not. Hell, there are even leagues with NHL'94 that people play online via emulators.

I'd love to see their NHL series comeback to PC, but it'll never happen.
At the very least we need some indie PC sports titles, because, right now, there's nothing.
#10Psykic PetrolPosted 9/18/2013 11:18:37 AM
Competition from PES and PC market being quite strong in Europe means EA still does FIFA on PC every year.
Heck, EA is doing FIFA on every platform from PS2 onwards except the Wii U.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0