This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Us there an actual reason that EA won't make madden on PC?

#11Orestes417Posted 9/18/2013 11:19:45 AM
The fact they aren't interested in doing it is actual reason enough.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#12Fade2black001Posted 9/18/2013 11:23:01 AM
No on wants it on PC. I bet the player base for sports games on PC is so damn small they would be loosing money if they did it. So maybe that's why?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13SinisterSlayPosted 9/18/2013 11:23:46 AM
It's surprising EA stays in business. As a business they operate very poorly. Players hate them, and their employees hate them. They force overtime with no pay on the employees, and rush games out the door to meet certain calender events (like x-mas).

Any other business would go under very quickly, but somehow EA remains extremely profitable.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#14Psykic PetrolPosted 9/18/2013 11:38:43 AM
From: Fade2black001 | Posted: 9/18/2013 7:23:01 PM | #012
No on wants it on PC. I bet the player base for sports games on PC is so damn small they would be loosing money if they did it. So maybe that's why?

This is more specific for American Football than sports games in general, though it's still the main answer to the topic.

Porting it is pretty easy & cheap, but there is no other game like Madden for competition because of licensing. EA only has to deal with the NFL for American Football as a whole, whereas FIFA only has rights to the international competitions; there are continental and then domestic authorities for media rights. Eg. EA hasn't had Champions League in FIFA games since 2008 since Konami snapped up the license exclusively for PES.
---
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0