This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

HELP!! please

#1Lionheart159Posted 9/18/2013 9:58:08 AM
ok, i just completed putting together my first build. turned it on and everything did what it was supposed to, but when i connected my screen, it just stays blue, it doesn't register that there is anything connected. can anyone please give me an idea on how to fix this problem?
---
Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
#2Lionheart159(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:11:56 AM
if this makes a difference at all, i do not currently have a monitor and am trying to connect to my via HDMI cable
---
Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
#3KillerTrufflePosted 9/18/2013 10:14:28 AM
I've seen some video cards that don't natively output to HDMI by default - it's often used as a secondary screen that you have to enable in Windows.

Best suggestion would be to get hold of a DVI > HDMI adapter, and plug it in to one of your video card's DVI ports. That should get you a signal, unless something is actually connected incorrectly in the computer itself.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4Lionheart159(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:16:21 AM
everything seems to be functioning correctly, just need to upload the OS and all the drivers. I'm connecting through the motherboard until i can get all the software installed, but it still doesnt seem to want to connect.
---
#5KillerTrufflePosted 9/18/2013 10:29:47 AM(edited)
Like I said. DVI > HDMI adapter.

How are you installing things without being able to actually see anything?

EDIT: Sorry - misread "until" and thought you were saying you *could* install everything.
---
#6Lionheart159(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 10:32:05 AM
thanks, ill see if i can find one. sucks that it has to wait till tomorrow tho, everything around here is 40 mins away but closes in 30
---
#7KillerTrufflePosted 9/18/2013 10:44:27 AM
Alternatively, you could see if you could find a monitor to borrow just long enough to set things up, and set your HDMI as your primary out...
---
#8StormKMDPosted 9/18/2013 10:56:39 AM
Alright, so 1. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SCREWED IN AS TIGHT AS IT CAN BE.

If you're just plugging things in, no screw at all, then try a different cable.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#9Fade2black001Posted 9/18/2013 10:59:53 AM
StormKMD posted...
Alright, so 1. MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS SCREWED IN AS TIGHT AS IT CAN BE.

If you're just plugging things in, no screw at all, then try a different cable.

That's not really necessary but it makes it more secure
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#10Lionheart159(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:11:16 AM
Thanks guys, i found a regular dvi cord, but now i'm having trouble installing the OS. after i type the code and select the installation type it keeps saying "Remove the installation media, and restart the PC so that Windows starts normally. Then define the installation medium, and they start the upgrade again." any idea what this means?
---