This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Im running out of memory, what do i do?

#1greenyoshi46Posted 9/18/2013 10:38:20 AM
My pc says its going to chrash if i dont close down chromium because its running out of memory, but at the same time i go in to taskmanager and it says i have 3.57GB left. whats causing this?
---
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)
#2Jprime666Posted 9/18/2013 10:43:58 AM
Download more
---
How many emotions is people?
#3KillerTrufflePosted 9/18/2013 10:49:44 AM
What is the exact error it's giving you? Like the exact wording and stuff?

My first suspicion is that you're either visiting a site that uses shady advertising, or you've picked up malware.

If it truly is a proper Windows error tho (which it doesn't really sound like), I don't know.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4Fade2black001Posted 9/18/2013 11:02:49 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
What is the exact error it's giving you? Like the exact wording and stuff?

My first suspicion is that you're either visiting a site that uses shady advertising, or you've picked up malware.

If it truly is a proper Windows error tho (which it doesn't really sound like), I don't know.

It is not a proper Windows error. Your system WILL NOT crash if its running low on RAM. It will just close programs automatically saying something like "not enough memory". But your system WILL NOT crash though. I would scan your system for viruses.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#5greenyoshi46(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:51:02 AM
It is a normal windows error. Shouldnt taskmanager show how much of the memory is used?
---
#6greenyoshi46(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 11:56:02 AM
Windows just changed to the basic skin because of not enough memory, still 4 gb free
---
#7KillerTrufflePosted 9/18/2013 11:59:33 AM
greenyoshi46 posted...
It is a normal windows error. Shouldnt taskmanager show how much of the memory is used?

You still haven't said exactly what the error says. Are you able to take and post a screenshot of it?

I'm still highly skeptical that it's a "normal Windows error" based on your description.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#8SinisterSlayPosted 9/18/2013 11:59:56 AM
greenyoshi46 posted...
Windows just changed to the basic skin because of not enough memory, still 4 gb free

You have a virus, it's not possible to run out of memory in Windows. It will use swapfile first. And swapfile on a 64bit system can be massive.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9greenyoshi46(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 12:01:15 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
greenyoshi46 posted...

You still haven't said exactly what the error says. Are you able to take and post a screenshot of it?

I'm still highly skeptical that it's a "normal Windows error" based on your description.

Im waiting for it to come up again >.>
---
#10WerdnAndreWPosted 9/18/2013 12:03:17 PM
Have you restarted the computer?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q