This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why exactly do rockstar delay the PC release of GTA's?

#31doomviPosted 9/18/2013 5:42:12 PM
Secondary market, why go see a movie in the theater if it is released on Blu-Ray the same day? Companies determine where their greatest profit potential exists and in what order they wish to attach said market. I doubt that piracy enters into it as much as some people think, it is all about where they can get the most money for their product.

The buzz is there, the secondary market opens up, and the mod community with it. PC games are not as stale as console games because there will always be life after the initial sale if the game is good enough.
---
i5-3570k, 128 GB OCZ SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD & 750 WD Black HDD, EVGA GTX 670, 27" HP2710m @ 1920 x 1080.
#32OrgeLambartPosted 9/18/2013 7:30:16 PM
Bottom line is as others have pointed out the piracy. Sure it happens on the console but isn't anywhere near as huge as the PC.

Also it has to do with price. PC gamers aren't willing to shell out bank like console gamers, so developers hand off their games to their chosen fans, while given the PC crowd the left overs months later when the buzz has worn off.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#33ThunderPotatoPosted 9/18/2013 8:09:45 PM
sirtonne posted...
Combo Master posted...
Piracy has some thing to do with it but it is just as easy on console if not easier.

lol only on gamefaqs.

I see this in every piracy discussion on any site. You should fix your post.
---
Graphics matter until PC is brought up.
#34rpgianPosted 9/18/2013 9:29:40 PM
I'm sure Sony and Microsoft give them incentive to do so during development. Lower their fee's, provide them free hardware, high visibilty low-no cost advertisement/marketing on their plats etc..

Its a competing platform that doesn't really have a paying lobby going for it. So they get their incentives make their money there and then once its good to they make the rest of it elsewhere.

You even get a perfect scapegoat in piracy. Since according to some dev's 90+% is pirated and they are missing 100 trillion or so of ghost money to pay the ferryman for a booth and fine cognac on your way
to high rise insulated hell.
#35Tyranius2Posted 9/18/2013 9:44:42 PM
Because idiots/PC peasants double dip
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#36Perfect ZeratulPosted 9/18/2013 10:47:37 PM
Because sony and MS said so.

Whotf is going to buy a console version if it comes out the same time as PC and PC looks 10 times better?
---
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....
#37Metal_Gear_LinkPosted 9/18/2013 10:54:13 PM
Because the PC market is like a nintendo console, Games sell way less, and most people only buy exclusives like mario and starcraft, Skyrim sold 8 times moree on console than on PC, PC is like a nintendo console for multiplataform games, the only advantage PC has is that tehre is no licencing fee.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 and SUPER SMASH BROSS BRAWL!!! 2007 games of the year!!!!
If you believe in Goku and are 100% proud, put this in your sig.
#38Combo MasterPosted 9/18/2013 11:03:18 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
sirtonne posted...
Combo Master posted...
Piracy has some thing to do with it but it is just as easy on console if not easier.

lol only on gamefaqs.

I see this in every piracy discussion on any site. You should fix your post.

Why fix my post? It is true if you have a modded console since games don't need to be cracked like they do on pc but whatever.
---
Combo Master
#39beanymonkeyPosted 9/18/2013 11:16:33 PM
I love seeing people blaming privacy for Rockstars refusal to make a PC port. When the Xbox360 version of the game is one of the most pirated games right now.
#40Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 9/18/2013 11:52:53 PM
beanymonkey posted...
I love seeing people blaming privacy for Rockstars refusal to make a PC port. When the Xbox360 version of the game is one of the most pirated games right now.

SHHH! You're not supposed to mention console piracy!
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html