This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have a graphics card dilemma I wish to ask the PC board.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have a graphics card dilemma I wish to ask the PC board.

User Info: ArkhamOrigins

ArkhamOrigins
3 years ago#1
I built my system maybe...3-4 years ago? I forget. Anyways I have room to SLI...or crossfire whatever...my video card but want to know if it s worth it to buy 2nd video card, or just upgrade.

The card I have is XFX HD-587X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP.

I found a couple on eBay for like $100-$120, now do you think it would be worth it to get another one, or just spend $400ish on a brand new card? I'm torn, thank you for any input.
Ambassador to The ~Syndicate~

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
3 years ago#2
At this point, I would just buy a new card.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#3
You should get a new card. 1 GB of RAM won't be enough through this next generation so you should get something with 3GB+ like a 7970

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202008&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Desktop+Graphics+Cards-_-N82E16814202008&gclid=CPqDnOrp1bkCFYuk4Aoda3oAVg
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

User Info: Pyrotechnixxx

Pyrotechnixxx
3 years ago#4
Wait for the new line of GPUs from AMD to come out, and then upgrade. Although the HD 7950 is a steal these days, they can easily be found for $200.
Fear is a leash.

User Info: ArkhamOrigins

ArkhamOrigins
3 years ago#5
Awesome thank you, i think i'll upgrade you're all right. Appreciate it!
Ambassador to The ~Syndicate~
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Have a graphics card dilemma I wish to ask the PC board.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived