This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Aarklash: Legacy .... happyscrub recommends

#11RequiemPosted 9/18/2013 5:57:05 PM
Only 14 hrs long?
How's the replayability (beyond "making enemies stronger" difficulty settings)?
---
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
#12VordraxPosted 9/18/2013 6:28:16 PM
Does it have mod support? If not, I might wait for a sale on this one.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#13happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 6:59:16 PM
BendoHendo posted...
Just bought, thanks OP. Any other recommendations? Like independent or unknown RPGs?

--

The only interesting independent game I came across lately was Zafehouse. It's a "Rogue" game which supposedly means its a RNG based game. I love everything about it but the RNG factor. People who like Rogue games love the RNG factor though.

Very low budget. I'll watch youtube videos of it first to see if it's something you'll like to try. Just remember though.... >>>>RNG<<<<
---
Never forget.... Building #7
#14happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 7:03:13 PM
Vordrax posted...
Does it have mod support? If not, I might wait for a sale on this one.

I don't remember reading anything about mods.
---
#15TimePharaohPosted 9/18/2013 7:09:25 PM
Happyscrub recommended? Thanks.

*removes from wishlist*
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#16happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 6:14:36 AM(edited)
I have to bump this because I'm enjoying these boss fights!!! It's like playing WoW raids.

Example: I'm fighting this boss that has these abilities that make you move a lot.

1. 3 sec channel time that hits a party member an AoE attack that does ok damage. Any party member who is close to the intended target though takes TONS of damage.

2. 3 sec channel time does a PBAoE that does ok damage. It instant kills anyone who doesn't stand close to the boss.

3. Spams snares to make it harder for your party to move when needed. Makes you cleanse a lot too.

4. ANDDDDDD he has an enrage timer too!

5. Plus he had % health status attack. Every 15% health he drops, he does massive AoE attack and knockdown in PBAoE range

Why the hell dragon age 2 couldn't be like this?!?!?! DA2 had one boss fight that got me giddy... that golem creature in the deep roads that you had to hide behind pillars to avoid damage. After that, it was just a tank and spank game.

You guys need to play this!
---
#17MarceloSampaioPosted 9/19/2013 6:09:06 AM
This game looks interesting. But this 14 hours long campaign made me worry. I don't like VERY short RPGs... and 14 hours IS very short.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#18BendoHendoPosted 9/19/2013 6:17:00 AM
Could anyone else confirm 14 hours for a playthrough? at $20, but that's not a very good value.

--
#19happyscrub1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 6:20:38 AM
BendoHendo posted...
Could anyone else confirm 14 hours for a playthrough? at $20, but that's not a very good value.

--

But it's most gameplay though. Games like Dragon Age 2 were filled with a lot of time sinks and was mostly cut scenes and conversation and walking to here and there.

In the 4 hours I played this, maybe 5 mins of it was cut scenes and maybe 10 mins moving from one fight to the next.
---