This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Linux the future of gaming?

#41Orestes417Posted 9/19/2013 7:00:08 PM
Huge companies like Redhat that can custom engineer your solutions on site? Open Source doesn't mean a lack of support if support is what you want.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#42kobalobasileusPosted 9/19/2013 9:02:26 PM
aPCplayer posted...
CircleOfManias posted...
If the rumors that Windows 10 is going to be a cloud OS are true, then yes.

If this happens I would never even PC game. I find that to be one of the worst ideas to buy an OS that you technically don't own and the NSA has full access to 24/7. It would be interesting to see Linux finally pick up gaming and improve it but I just don't think the average person that plays League of Legends all the time will install a Linux distro and know how to fully operate it.

If PC OSes go to the cloud, what do you think console OSes will do?

Having everything migrate to the cloud is an enormously bad decision, but I'm afraid it will happen anyway.
#43petran78Posted 9/20/2013 1:21:54 AM
Only if those games are free.

I dont say that because this should be mandatory. But if you watch how Linux community driven support works, resolving software and hardware issues in games will be more difficult and time consuming than in Windows. Because if you work for free you are not in a rush to finish issues as quickly.

Unless there is a special commercial Linux distro that can offer technical support for that sort of thing.
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.