This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How important is a monitor for good grafix yo?

#21ZeraphLordSPosted 9/19/2013 3:56:08 AM
Get a widescreen monitor at least; IPS if you can afford it. If you want to go even higher, then 120hz for smoothness, or 1440p for dat detail.

Give the monitor you've got there a shot, just to see. DVI, Displayport and HDMI all provide identical image quality.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#22ajko000Posted 9/19/2013 1:32:29 PM
MasterDonGero posted...
ajko000 posted...
DetectivPenguin posted...
ajko000 posted...
Graphical quality or, crispness is based on resolution. The textures themselves will also look better if they are supported for the resolution you're at, even if they aren't they will improve slightly in quality depending on the texture itself.

If you're talking about color quality a seven year old monitor may not be up to par, does it have HDMI at least?

I highly highly doubt it. This was not an expensive monitor and it was wayyyy before HDMI was even really a thing when we got this thing. It was the included monitor in a pre built home office computer.

I'd suggest a new monitor, at least 1080p with HDMI support.

What's with you and HDMI? Are DVI and DisplayPort not good enough?

I've been using DVI, and my god are they annoying to plug in. HDMI is just as simple as USB, DVI has those annoying screws.
#23Ch3wyPosted 9/19/2013 1:38:42 PM
The screws are optional.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.