This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bundle in a Box: Indie RPGs

#21FallowHorizonPosted 9/20/2013 7:03:36 PM
Eh, I took the plunge and bought it. Interested in that Call of Cthulhu game. If anything else is worthwhile it's just icing on the cake.
---
Abandoning our oath to the sword, another victim lost to the leaf.
I think I'll stay for a while. Lotus leaves, taste so, so sweet.
#22CC RicersPosted 9/20/2013 7:14:37 PM
I believe coming up with artistic content is the biggest challenge in producing single player RPGs. Programming the mechanics isn't usually that hard nor it would take very long, it's coming up with a compelling story, making content and balancing all the enemies and items that's time consuming.

Although if the gameplay is very fun, the story can be forgiven a little. Like with Final Fantasy X-2.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#23jokujokujoku(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:49:03 PM
iceache posted...
LOL @ Paying for RPG Maker made games... XD

Then it's a good thing only one of the thirteen games was made with RPG Maker.
#24jokujokujoku(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 7:25:17 AM
So I bought it and tried out two of the games so far.

Northmark: Hour of the Wolf is a pretty basic card battle game. The gameplay is fun, though certainly not fantastic. The story and writing are both kind of amateurish, but they're holding my interest.

The Siege of the Necromancer is one of those digital gamebooks. The story and writing are decent in this game, even good in parts. I've been enjoying exploring the game world (read: died several times and tried out different paths) and I look forward to completing the story and discovering all the secrets.

I've played these two games for a few hours so far, and while neither are AAA quality games, I feel I've gotten my money's worth already.