This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

after playing games on pc for a solid year........

#11JavelinPosted 9/19/2013 1:28:08 AM
g_lethal posted...
my gaming spirit was reborn, games just run so smoothly, look so crisp and everything runs/loads faster.

i always picked on pc gamers and now i feel bad about it, after building a system and playing tomb raider, saints row, remember me, dishonored, castlevania, devil may cry and so many others im really amazed

It's great, isn't it? And oh so simple.

Yet there are many, many peasants still contentedly wallowing in filth, happily consuming whatever slop Sony and Nintendo sees fit to dump into their feeding troughs. Unlike them, you realized your ignorance. You took it on yourself to just get up and walk out of the pig pen, and experience the beautiful new world just waiting for you.

Congratulations on your rebirth.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#12x_stevey_xPosted 9/19/2013 2:18:14 AM(edited)
tc wait til you discover the 3ds . when you can play magical games that remind you that graphics don't matter at all, and best of all they're completely portable.

fire emblem awakening, theatrhythm, gunman clive, mario kart, pokemon, devil survivor overclocked, luigis mansion, kid icarus, donkey kong 3d, mario , zelda , mario and luigi series, VLR, etrian odyssey, rune factory, smt, bravely default.. most recent pc or big console games can't compare to games like these imo.. games made with heart, games you can replay a thousand times. and that's without even touching the entire ds backward compatibility library with games like castlevania, mega man, kirby, 999, contra 4 etc x infinity

though i will agree pc is the next best platform for gaming atm.. especially with its indie scene, and backwards compatibility with the entire pc library . looking forward to the avgn game in a few days on steam! as well as the big terraria update :D
#13godplaysSNESPosted 9/19/2013 2:17:43 AM
Javelin posted...
g_lethal posted...
my gaming spirit was reborn, games just run so smoothly, look so crisp and everything runs/loads faster.

i always picked on pc gamers and now i feel bad about it, after building a system and playing tomb raider, saints row, remember me, dishonored, castlevania, devil may cry and so many others im really amazed

It's great, isn't it? And oh so simple.

Yet there are many, many peasants still contentedly wallowing in filth, happily consuming whatever slop Sony and Nintendo sees fit to dump into their feeding troughs. Unlike them, you realized your ignorance. You took it on yourself to just get up and walk out of the pig pen, and experience the beautiful new world just waiting for you.

Congratulations on your rebirth.

Nintendo may be cheap when it comes to their hardware choices, but their games are still top-notch. Nintendo's consoles are the ones one need to own regardless if one has a good PC or not.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#14rpgianPosted 9/19/2013 2:18:08 AM
I emulated a ds once. My soul vomited. Psp is the best pocket pal.
#15temgunPosted 9/19/2013 2:18:37 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
temgun posted...
http://i.imgur.com/gkeAUXI.png

This is so related. It amazes me how people can even say that graphics don't matter. Yeah, we might as well have stayed at the SNES era since graphics don't matter. Then there are the even more ridiculous people who say nobody cares about 60 fps.

The SNES has timeless graphics though.

Yeah, but I mostly meant stuff like resolution and anti-aliasing. Doom is a good example. With engines (?) like ZDoom or Doomsday Engine, it actually looks pretty good even today to me without actually modifying anything, just upping the resolution. Now play it on SNES on a modern monitor and it indeed looks awful.

The same goes for the current generation of consoles as well. Dark Souls on PS3 looks kinda okay. Now play it on PC at higher resolutions and anti-aliasing and suddenly it looks significantly better. It's quite cringe-worthy to see people compare graphics on youtube with those 360p, heavily compressed 30 fps videos, saying how the next generation doesn't look any different from the current one.
#16Moose_Of_WoePosted 9/19/2013 2:19:05 AM
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Did somebody say ... MASTER RACE? ......Reporting in.

Red October standing by.
#17VanderZooPosted 9/19/2013 2:44:25 AM
*Walks into topic, sees a neckbeard circle jerk, slowly backs away...*
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#18MaxCHEATER64Posted 9/19/2013 3:18:17 AM
*throws you a beer*

Welcome to the club.
---
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
http://i.imgur.com/xUwa3va.png
#19ImMrMojoRisinPosted 9/19/2013 3:42:18 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you still have whatever console(s) you had BEFORE you started your little PC gaming experiment...

...and that you STILL play games on them as well.

a PC is nice to have, but it doesn't REPLACE having a console for all the releases that come out on them that will NEVER make it to PC.
#20MasterDonGeroPosted 9/19/2013 3:51:13 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
temgun posted...
http://i.imgur.com/gkeAUXI.png

This is so related. It amazes me how people can even say that graphics don't matter. Yeah, we might as well have stayed at the SNES era since graphics don't matter. Then there are the even more ridiculous people who say nobody cares about 60 fps.

The SNES has timeless graphics though.

Maybe for those of us who played and fell in love with the SNES when we were younger, but it probably isn't for most kids today.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom