This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Poll] Do you own GTA V?

#41MarblesbunbunPosted 9/22/2013 12:36:23 AM
Spacewhizguy posted...
It's pretty amazing how the game made over $800 million within a day of release. This game will break so many records. I'm curious how many people already have the game, how many of us are planning to get it, and how many people just aren't interested in it.

800 million in the first day, 1 billion in 3days hon.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#42Majoras_pantsPosted 9/22/2013 12:55:14 AM
Rockstar is holding back the PC version so people buy it twice. I'm not supporting that but I don't want to wait either.

So I acquired the PS3 version and I'll buy the PC version.
#43Links_Big_KeyPosted 9/22/2013 2:19:54 AM
I can wait however long it takes. I have access to my brother's PS3, so I COULD buy it and play it now...but I don't want to ruin the initial experience at 720p 20-30 fps with no AA.

Rockstar can have my money whenever they release it on PC, assuming it's a good port like Max Payne 3, and not a lazy one like GTA4. If they go that route I might not play it until its $20 or less. Either way I'm not falling for buying it now on consoles and double dipping once the REAL version comes to PC later.

Instead, I will stock up on game sales. I bought the Humble bundle a couple of days ago and bought the Metro Series today from Amazon. That will last me until Arkham Origins and BF4 next month, then it's smooth sailing for the rest of the year when Watch Dogs comes out in November. Hell, it's even possible that South Park SoT might actually come out around then too.

So take your time Rockstar. I will check back with you when you get ready.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 680 / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 120hz for FPS/ U2713HM 1440p IPS for all other games
#44AsellusPosted 9/22/2013 2:25:40 AM
I'll certainly take a look at it when it comes pc-side but I'm not exactly missing it - haven't really been able to get into a gta game since Vice City.
#45MarblesbunbunPosted 9/22/2013 2:06:34 PM
Links_Big_Key posted...
I can wait however long it takes. I have access to my brother's PS3, so I COULD buy it and play it now...but I don't want to ruin the initial experience at 720p 20-30 fps with no AA.

Rockstar can have my money whenever they release it on PC, assuming it's a good port like Max Payne 3, and not a lazy one like GTA4. If they go that route I might not play it until its $20 or less. Either way I'm not falling for buying it now on consoles and double dipping once the REAL version comes to PC later.

Instead, I will stock up on game sales. I bought the Humble bundle a couple of days ago and bought the Metro Series today from Amazon. That will last me until Arkham Origins and BF4 next month, then it's smooth sailing for the rest of the year when Watch Dogs comes out in November. Hell, it's even possible that South Park SoT might actually come out around then too.

So take your time Rockstar. I will check back with you when you get ready.

I just hope they don't tie it to outside services again.
GTA4 needed Games For Windows Live to play Solo, and their Social Club for multiplayer.
Max Payne 3 needed Social Club to even start up the game, if Social Club was uninstalled the game wouldn't work.
If GTA5 tries to implement either I'd be pissed
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."