This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gaming Monitor?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Monitor?
3 years ago#1
Hey guys, im using a 5 year old Samsung 2008 T240HD and think its time to upgrade. I was looking at this monitor

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313

But I was wondering I should wait if new monitors are coming out? Like I think I heard someone say there's a 1400p resolution or something being released?
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
"When you play the games of thrones, you win or you die. Theres no middle ground" - Cersei Lannister to Eddard Stark
3 years ago#2
How can you seriously game on something that small?
3 years ago#3
1440p been out
3 years ago#4
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

If his desk situation is configured so that the screen is close to him?

Isn't that obvious?
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
3 years ago#5
MasterDonGero posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...

If his desk situation is configured so that the screen is close to him?

Isn't that obvious?

I used a 50" tv that is situated 6 inches from my face.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
3 years ago#6
Hey twisted26, a week ago I was in the same position as you and I did a lot of research because I like to research online before spending my hard earned money. I came across a site called best-gaming-monitor.com and some youtube vids and ended up buying the BENQ XL2420TE and I'm very happy with it, it was a bit expensive but it was definitely worth it!

Hope it helps!
3 years ago#7
kustomrtr posted...
Hey twisted26, a week ago I was in the same position as you and I did a lot of research because I like to research online before spending my hard earned money. I came across a site called best-gaming-monitor.com and some youtube vids and ended up buying the BENQ XL2420TE and I'm very happy with it, it was a bit expensive but it was definitely worth it!

Hope it helps!

Damn I just looked it up on amazon, it looks sexy but damn it is expensive
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#8
http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

You should get that one. It like, rules or something. Yeah.
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
3 years ago#9
Nicodimus posted...
http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch-LED-lit-Professional-Graphics/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Got dang 550 big ones, that a nvidia graphics card right there
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
3 years ago#10
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Got dang 550 big ones, that a nvidia graphics card right there

$550 is not that expensive for a monitor that you'll use for many years. A graphics card might last you 2 years, 3 if you're willing to lower settings, and that really only helps gaming. A nice monitor helps everything look better.
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Gaming Monitor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived