This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If it makes you feel any better about not having GTA V in the near future

#1Ch3wyPosted 9/19/2013 7:00:18 AM
Half of the weapons are reserved for DLC so you'll probably get the actual full game when it comes out for PC.

inb42edgy4gtav
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#2MonkeymagePosted 9/19/2013 7:02:35 AM
For the time being I'm satisfied with playing it on the PS3, but it's gonna be phenomenal on PC
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#3HaxnStashPosted 9/19/2013 7:05:34 AM
I'll wait to see if it really gets released for PC before getting it for PS3. It's going to be that much more sweeter to play it on pc (if it gets released) than if I already played it on PS3.

If it wont' get released on PC, at least I'll be able to get it cheaper on PS3 and still enjoy it.
#4MasterDonGeroPosted 9/19/2013 7:08:45 AM
I was watching my friend play GTA V on the PS3. Gameplay seems fun, but I could not stand to play that abomination. The texture pop-in and FPS drops are the main reasons for me.

There was a part of me that wanted to bring his whole world crashing down by pointing out the flaws while he was going on and on about how great it looked.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#5SlaynPosted 9/19/2013 7:12:39 AM
Monkeymage posted...
For the time being I'm satisfied with playing it on the PS3, but it's gonna be phenomenal on PC

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

that's why they waiting 6 months.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#6Ch3wy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:13:50 AM
MasterDonGero posted...
I was watching my friend play GTA V on the PS3. Gameplay seems fun, but I could not stand to play that abomination. The texture pop-in and FPS drops are the main reasons for me.

There was a part of me that wanted to bring his whole world crashing down by pointing out the flaws while he was going on and on about how great it looked.

Honestly it runs just about as good as GTAIV:EFLC does for me on my GTX670. A little better in some ways like no flickering textures, worse in some others like aliasing. Framerate seems to be similar to what I was getting and texture pop-in hasn't been noticeable.

I have the 360 version though I heard that was a little better than ps3.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7lionheart5656Posted 9/19/2013 7:14:35 AM
Monkeymage posted...

Pathetic.

Buying the same game twice is dumb no matter how rich you might be.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#8MonkeymagePosted 9/19/2013 7:25:39 AM
Well, I got it for $10, so it really doesn't matter that much to me.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#9MonkeymagePosted 9/19/2013 7:37:55 AM
Also I haven't experienced any texture or pop-in issues, the traffic bubble is actually pretty large.

There are FPS drops of course, especially if there are a lot of physics objects (like a setpiece scene with a large explosion or if you hit a bunch of objects with a car), but on the whole it's pretty stable. Much moreso than GTA4.
---
#10Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 9/19/2013 5:31:10 PM
Ch3wy posted...
MasterDonGero posted...

Honestly it runs just about as good as GTAIV:EFLC does for me on my GTX670. A little better in some ways like no flickering textures, worse in some others like aliasing. Framerate seems to be similar to what I was getting and texture pop-in hasn't been noticeable.

I have the 360 version though I heard that was a little better than ps3.

What the f***? What processor are you using and what frequency is it at?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html