This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does Amnesia give me a headache when I play?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does Amnesia give me a headache when I play?

User Info: HaxnStash

HaxnStash
3 years ago#1
I really want to play the game but whenever I try, I get a headache after a couple of minutes. Normally, motion blur and head bobbing gives me headache on FPS's so I turn those off.

I do the same with Amnesia. I turn off any blur options I see but I still get headaches. Is there maybe someone here who has the same problem and fixed it? I turn off any motion blur effects but I still see some blurring when I move and look around.

I'm guessing The Penumbra Series, Machine for Pigs and Outlast will give me the same thing :( And I really want to play those too.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#2
If there's an option for FOV widen the FOV a bit... if there isn't an option, try sitting a bit farther back from the screen...also play in a well lit room and don't play for extended periods of time (more than 20 minutes is probably too much).

I know that all sounds like a drag, but there isn't a whole lot else you could do...
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/r5PgL.gif

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
3 years ago#3
Take some laudanum to restore sanity.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

HaxnStash
3 years ago#4
arleas posted...
If there's an option for FOV widen the FOV a bit... if there isn't an option, try sitting a bit farther back from the screen...also play in a well lit room and don't play for extended periods of time (more than 20 minutes is probably too much).

I know that all sounds like a drag, but there isn't a whole lot else you could do...

Hmm, I have not tried changing the FOV. Maybe that could help. Thanks, I'll look into it. I'll also try to increase the brightness a bit. I try to make it as dark as possible for more immersion.

User Info: snesmaster40

snesmaster40
3 years ago#5
HaxnStash posted...
arleas posted...

Hmm, I have not tried changing the FOV. Maybe that could help. Thanks, I'll look into it. I'll also try to increase the brightness a bit. I try to make it as dark as possible for more immersion.

It will help. I get motion sickness very easily in FPS games where the default FOV is too low. Setting it to 90 or 100 will solves all your problems.
Are we not men?

HaxnStash
3 years ago#6
Monkeymage posted...

Unfortunately, I don't get far into the game. I think I have not seen any Laudanums on my multiple tries to play it and I search every nook and cranny.

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
3 years ago#7
HaxnStash posted...
Monkeymage posted...

Unfortunately, I don't get far into the game. I think I have not seen any Laudanums on my multiple tries to play it and I search every nook and cranny.

I meant in real life.
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

HaxnStash
3 years ago#8
Thanks a lot Arleas and Snes. After changing the FOV to 90 (at 1920 x 1080), I played the game and was expecting to get a headache. Fortunately, none came. I stopped playing just now to post this that it worked. Thanks a lot! The default FOV was at 70. I also turned off insanity effects.

Going to play more. Thanks.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 years ago#9
The default FOV was at 70

Yeah that ruins most games unless you're playing on a big screen TV and sitting about 8 feet away on a couch.

Enjoy the game (I never got into Amnesia...but I don't really care for scary games anyway).
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
3 years ago#10
i find that I get headaches sometimes if I am staring at a screen in a dark room, that why I always put another light on, its bad for your eyes anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does Amnesia give me a headache when I play?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived