This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Humble Weekly Bundle is up

#21KillerTrufflePosted 9/19/2013 12:13:50 PM
PepsiWithCoke posted...
Whats with this pay $6 or more bulls***?

HB is getting greedy.

Says the person who is greedy enough he thinks he should get all the games for a penny. Who was it being greedy there?
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#22Ch3wyPosted 9/19/2013 12:15:18 PM
Everything should be a penny. That would be sweet.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#23electricheadMPosted 9/19/2013 12:15:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplsM_j_ucw

Makes me want to install it again. I think I'll just wait for X: Rebirth though.
#24SteamsterPosted 9/19/2013 12:40:08 PM
PepsiWithCoke posted...
Whats with this pay $6 or more bulls***?

HB is getting greedy.

Didn't you post this exact same thing last week?

Kids these days. Hardly even trying anymore.
#25HaxnStashPosted 9/19/2013 12:51:03 PM
I just got the games. Been looking to try these for awhile now. I like what I see on the videos. I've always wanted a sandbox type space simulator game and this seems to fit what I want. That and it's something to play when I just want to play something while watching a movie.

Right now, I have 0 knowledge about what to do in game other than what I watched on Youtube. Would it be beneficial for me if I started on playing the games from the first to last? I'm also interested in the story if there are any.

That and maybe it'll teach me slowly how the game works by playing them in chronological order.
#26KillerTrufflePosted 9/19/2013 1:01:17 PM
Honestly, Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude fixed bugs or other issues earlier games had, so I'd just start with one of those. There's not a tremendous overarching storyline or anything where you'll feel like you missed out if you don't play the earlier games.

They do have a steep learning curve, but once you get over that, they really are fun games. Youtube tutorials can help. Also, I do recommend a 360 gamepad (or other gamepad) in conjunction with the keyboard - a lot of commands can be issued right from the gamepad, and it actually makes the learning curve more manageable, since a lot of it is simply "how do I do this?). Or at least it did for me...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23