This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nvidia users: new 327.23 WHQL driver is out.

#11StormKMDPosted 9/19/2013 4:57:17 PM
Never had any driver issues or issues in general with my 660. I've updated every single time too.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2013 5:26:29 PM
StormKMD posted...
Never had any driver issues or issues in general with my 660. I've updated every single time too.

Guess you don't play Just Cause 2 much.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#13PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/19/2013 5:34:06 PM
JKatarn posted...
So out of the frying pan and into the fire then, lol.

You can say that all you want, but you don't see a topic full of AMD users complaining about how games are unplayable because of drivers. I've owned two different 7xxx series cards and used a lot of different drivers for them, never had a single problem.
---
Fear is a leash.
#14StormKMDPosted 9/19/2013 5:37:55 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
StormKMD posted...

26 hours of it.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#15r0ge00Posted 9/19/2013 5:56:15 PM(edited)
The BL2 crashing was a nightmare for me. Thankfully 314.22 is still stable.
#16TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/19/2013 5:58:59 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
JKatarn posted...

You can say that all you want, but you don't see a topic full of AMD users complaining about how games are unplayable because of drivers. I've owned two different 7xxx series cards and used a lot of different drivers for them, never had a single problem.

I've had less issues since switching from 314.22 to 320.18, and now I'm on 320.49. I also have one of the cards that was said to be a prime example of how the 32x.xx drivers are bad (GTX 780).
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#17JKatarnPosted 9/19/2013 6:01:55 PM(edited)
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
JKatarn posted...

And I've owned AMD cards in the past, and while they were nice enough when everything clicked, the driver install/update/tweaking process was a PITA compared to Nvidia. That is not to say Nvidia's drivers are spotless, anything but, but they're still less of a hassle than AMD.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#18ZethPosted 9/19/2013 6:10:44 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't have problems when I update my drivers.

I've installed the new WHQL and it seems fine so far.
---
"Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
3DS FC: 5172 0388 6449
#19DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2013 6:17:54 PM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
JKatarn posted...

No, you don't see a topic. You see bunches of them.

StormKMD posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
StormKMD posted...

26 hours of it.

On 314.21 and newer? With Decals on?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#20PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/19/2013 6:29:12 PM
JKatarn posted...
And I've owned AMD cards in the past, and while they were nice enough when everything clicked, the driver install/update/tweaking process was a PITA compared to Nvidia. That is not to say Nvidia's drivers are spotless, anything but, but they're still less of a hassle than AMD.

My point is that while yes, AMD has a less than stellar track record, the 7xxx series has improved on that in a huge way. The dynamic is starting to change, so while AMD has had less and less drivers issues (even Crossfire frame pacing was addressed), Nvidia is seeing more and more issues.
---
Fear is a leash.