This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nvidia users: new 327.23 WHQL driver is out.

#41PraetorXynPosted 9/20/2013 7:15:52 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Loserman15 posted...
Hmm. To me, if ATI cared about their customers, especially their top-dollar customers, they'd make sure the money they spent wasn't just going to waste.

What made you think AMD doesn't care? They've gone to great lengths to fix the issues.

Yeah, except their Crossfire was broken for like a year. So glad I went back to Nvidia.

Only a year?
No, crossfire's been broken for a long time. Basically, ever since benchmarks started throwing passable numbers for it.

This. SLI scales tremendously compared to Crossfire. Nvidia cards also have a much better TDP than AMD.

The CPU side is even worse, those new AMD FX9000 CPU's have a TDP of like 220 W.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#42SpazH3dPosted 9/20/2013 8:13:19 AM
maybecalls posted...
RogueStriker posted...
I'm also still on 314.22... >_>

Yep, same here.

vikithewaffu posted...
still having driver issues with my 560 ti.
I am afraid to update

I am in the same position. Nvidia, show me some love and fix your drivers.
---
- My vision is augmented
#43JKatarnPosted 9/20/2013 8:41:54 AM
Boge posted...
JKatarn posted...
How is it stability-wise? I've heard nothing but horror stories about the last few official driver releases, did they fix the (supposed) blue-screen/graphical corruption issues?

*edit* - reading the comments it looks like the driver still isn't quite "cooked", I guess I'm going to stick to 314.22 for now - a few FPS here and there isn't worth a stability nightmare.

Ha ha ha! And here everyone complained about AMD drivers and praised Nvidia drivers.

I'm still on 314.22 as well. I haven't heard anything good about Nvidia drivers since.

There's also the problem of distinguishing genuine issues with a driver from people who are running 200 processes/have overheating/overvolting issues etc. that are exacerbated from new driver releases putting more strain on their systems. Still, I'm playing it safe for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of those issues are due to user error.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#44Snuckie7Posted 9/20/2013 8:49:27 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Loserman15 posted...
Hmm. To me, if ATI cared about their customers, especially their top-dollar customers, they'd make sure the money they spent wasn't just going to waste.

What made you think AMD doesn't care? They've gone to great lengths to fix the issues.

Yeah, except their Crossfire was broken for like a year. So glad I went back to Nvidia.

Only a year?
No, crossfire's been broken for a long time. Basically, ever since benchmarks started throwing passable numbers for it.

This. SLI scales tremendously compared to Crossfire. Nvidia cards also have a much better TDP than AMD.

The CPU side is even worse, those new AMD FX9000 CPU's have a TDP of like 220 W.

SLI has been broken for as nearly as long as CF. People seem to forget these things so quickly.

And no, Nvidia cards do not usually have lower TDP.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#45JKatarnPosted 9/20/2013 8:53:06 AM
Acquire posted...
There's been issues with the newer drivers? I've been playing games just fine.

That means next to nothing - every card and system is different, just because one driver works fine for you doesn't mean it's bug-free.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#46RhytenPosted 9/20/2013 10:37:03 AM
Update from 314.22 and after playing a couple of hours of Tomb raider and using firefox with youtube and twitch, I think these work fine.
---
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz | EVGA Gtx 570 1280 Mb | 8 Gb DDR 3 1333 Mhz | WD 1 Tb 7200 Rpm SATA 3 | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
#47vikithewaffuPosted 9/20/2013 11:33:13 AM
JKatarn posted...
Boge posted...
JKatarn posted...
How is it stability-wise? I've heard nothing but horror stories about the last few official driver releases, did they fix the (supposed) blue-screen/graphical corruption issues?

*edit* - reading the comments it looks like the driver still isn't quite "cooked", I guess I'm going to stick to 314.22 for now - a few FPS here and there isn't worth a stability nightmare.

Ha ha ha! And here everyone complained about AMD drivers and praised Nvidia drivers.

I'm still on 314.22 as well. I haven't heard anything good about Nvidia drivers since.

There's also the problem of distinguishing genuine issues with a driver from people who are running 200 processes/have overheating/overvolting issues etc. that are exacerbated from new driver releases putting more strain on their systems. Still, I'm playing it safe for now, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of those issues are due to user error.

I haven't changed voltages for my graphics card or done any overclocking that the factory that made card has not done already. I don't run lots of processes or even play gpu intensive games.
I don't even overclock my cpu and left it at default.
---
Well, Raja did say something about Lucretia being 3 steps ahead of everyone else...that means she's better than Batman, who is only 2 steps ahead.
#48DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/20/2013 11:52:42 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Lonestar2000 posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Only a year?

SLI has been broken for as nearly as long as CF. People seem to forget these things so quickly.

And no, Nvidia cards do not usually have lower TDP.

It really wasn't. It's not like AMD cards just kind of magically broke with the HD7 series, and SLI has been hit or miss since 8000 series.(as apposed to AMD's missmissmissmissmiss)
It didn't take nVidia for the competition to expose just how broken their multi-GPU setup was to start improving on it either.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#49WerdnAndreWPosted 9/20/2013 1:05:34 PM
Any 560ti users install the new update? Any problems with freezing?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#50DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/20/2013 1:07:01 PM
The release notes mention some fixes for fermi GPUs with crashing/freezing.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64