This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the Bad Company 2 / Vietnam servers shut down?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Bad Company 2 / Vietnam servers shut down?

User Info: Mackorov

Mackorov
3 years ago#11
No, it's rare any game's servers get shut down, no matter how outdated they are. I know classic games like Unreal, Halo CE, COD2 and BF2 all still have tons of servers with people playing so what makes you think a less than 5 year old game is dead?

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#12
Mackorov posted...
No, it's rare any game's servers get shut down, no matter how outdated they are. I know classic games like Unreal, Halo CE, COD2 and BF2 all still have tons of servers with people playing so what makes you think a less than 5 year old game is dead?

EA? lol.
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#13
I still can't log on and I don't understand why if they servers aren't down. I go to server browser & it asks for my login information, I enter and after I hit log in, it asks for solider.. after I select it almost instantly tells me failed to log in solder. I've even tried the punkbuster fix or check.
3570k (212 Evo) | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#14
Again, it's a problem on their end and they've said nothing useful on the forums. You're going to have to sit and wait.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: Teufel_x

Teufel_x
3 years ago#15
EA shut their BC2 servers years ago. all those other servers you see online are player hosted servers or people bought server space from hosts thatll host BC2 for them.
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#16
Orestes417 posted...
Again, it's a problem on their end and they've said nothing useful on the forums. You're going to have to sit and wait.

Oh lol, sorry. Dang...

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#17
I was able to start a *new* character with an all lowercase name that let me log in finally and see servers. Failed the first time then I had to hit retry
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.

User Info: LaMichael_James

LaMichael_James
3 years ago#18
Saigon dep lam
Saigon ui
GOAT
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the Bad Company 2 / Vietnam servers shut down?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived