This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Spent about 4 hours with windows 8

#41TheFeshPincePosted 9/20/2013 2:55:26 PM
JonWood007 posted...
Auron_59261 posted...
I'm scared of change. Why can't everything stay the same forever?

Whenever people go on about being "scared of change", I'm just thinking "I like to fix things for no reason to make them less user friendly and objectively worse than they were before".

Change isn't bad if it's needed or welcome, the problem arises when you try to "fix" something that isn't broken to begin with. There's NO reason for a desktop user to need most of the changes windows 8 has brought. It's making people relearn the way they use a computer all over again and there aren't even tangible benefits. It's kinda like you go on vacation and when you get back all your furniture and everything is rearranged without your consent. You now have to relearn where everything is just so you can use it like you would normally. Tasks that would take you 5 seconds now take 30 because you're screwing around trying to find out where everything is, and there's a general loss in productivity. And what are the benefits? Oh wait, there are none.

You are a wise man.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#42Digital StormPosted 9/20/2013 2:56:49 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Change isn't bad if it's needed or welcome, the problem arises when you try to "fix" something that isn't broken to begin with.

90% of my complaints about the way tech is going the last few years are based around this idea.

This. why would microsoft try and reinevent the wheel. They just should have improved upon what 7 was.

Improvements, such as...?
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#43steveboblarryPosted 9/20/2013 2:56:52 PM
Jonwood for president of microsoft
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#44steveboblarryPosted 9/20/2013 2:59:52 PM
Digital Storm posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Change isn't bad if it's needed or welcome, the problem arises when you try to "fix" something that isn't broken to begin with.

90% of my complaints about the way tech is going the last few years are based around this idea.

This. why would microsoft try and reinevent the wheel. They just should have improved upon what 7 was.

I dunno I thought seven was fine just is, my point is that what they did with 8 was pointless. 8 should have been different for desktop users more akin to the greatness that is 7. Also I know 7 is basically an improved vista.
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#45xanthan1Posted 9/20/2013 4:23:47 PM
Digital Storm posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Make it run faster and take less resources? You know, optimize it, then add in new features. Hell if they just added in the Metro UI as an optional feature for 8 with the normal desktop from 7 being the default most people wouldn't complain about it.
#46steveboblarryPosted 9/20/2013 4:41:19 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Digital Storm posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Nicodimus posted...
JonWood007 posted...

Make it run faster and take less resources? You know, optimize it, then add in new features. Hell if they just added in the Metro UI as an optional feature for 8 with the normal desktop from 7 being the default most people wouldn't complain about it.

This. Its better to give people options

If people want steak then give the customer steak, dont tell the customer they want chicken
---
#47Orestes417Posted 9/20/2013 4:46:34 PM
Options and commercial software don't mix. At all. Standardization is what business wants
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#48steveboblarryPosted 9/20/2013 4:49:15 PM
but thats not necessarily what the customers want, and since the Business wants the customers to buy there product best bet is to give people options. Iam prettty sure microsoft has learned there mistakes from windows 8 just like they learned from Vista
---
#49Orestes417Posted 9/20/2013 4:54:48 PM
And who precisely do you think the customers MS cares about are? That's right, the corporate markets and the OEMs. Joe user is waaaaaaaaaaay down the food chain.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#50steveboblarryPosted 9/20/2013 4:57:25 PM
The space monkeys
---