This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games like Super Smash Land

#1KeyeszxPosted 9/19/2013 8:43:23 PM
I don't mean fighting or 8bit. I just mean something simple and quick. It's indie but it's not a full budget indie. Stuff made by teams of like 5 guys or something. For those of you who don't know what super smash land is.
http://www.supersmashland.com/
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#2GoldninjaPosted 9/19/2013 9:02:07 PM
Why create something like that and then try to imitate the puke green of the original gameboy?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#3daemon_danPosted 9/19/2013 9:03:08 PM
Goldninja posted...
Why create something like that and then try to imitate the puke green of the original gameboy?

"Super Smash Land is a free to play PC Game that is designed to look and feel like it is being played on the original Nintendo Gameboy"

Maybe that??
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3
#4GoldninjaPosted 9/19/2013 9:08:01 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

"Super Smash Land is a free to play PC Game that is designed to look and feel like it is being played on the original Nintendo Gameboy"

Maybe that??

That didn't answer my question. It gave me information I had already read.
---
#5daemon_danPosted 9/19/2013 9:08:36 PM
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

because without the silly green, it wouldn't feel like the original gameboy?
---
#6GoldninjaPosted 9/19/2013 9:10:38 PM
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

But the original gameboy was terrible. Why make it look like puke green with a side of blah? At least try to imitate the Gameboy Color.
---
#7xanthan1Posted 9/19/2013 9:10:55 PM
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

Nostalgia? Wanting to see if you can make a game that looks nice even restricted to a horrible color pallet?
#8GoldninjaPosted 9/19/2013 9:13:13 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

Nostalgia? Wanting to see if you can make a game that looks nice even restricted to a horrible color pallet?

Why would anyone want to be nostalgic about an old brick with a puke green screen and terrible battery life?
---
#9daemon_danPosted 9/19/2013 9:13:29 PM
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

But the original gameboy was terrible. Why make it look like puke green with a side of blah? At least try to imitate the Gameboy Color.

Some people really loved the Gameboy. Myself, and those devs included. I imagine they don't give a damn that you don't like the green tint. I think it's cool cause it makes me think of that megaman 3 port I played endlessly. By all means, tell them that it's a stupid direction and they should do something else. Let me know what they say.
---
#10xanthan1Posted 9/19/2013 9:14:20 PM
Goldninja posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Goldninja posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Goldninja posted...

Maybe that??

Why would anyone want to be nostalgic about an old brick with a puke green screen and terrible battery life?

Because they had fun and enjoyed it when they were younger, that's kind of what nostalgia is, I assumed you would be familiar with the concept, sorry for being wrong.