This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any games like Super Smash Land

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any games like Super Smash Land
2 years ago#41
Goldninja posted...
*stuff*

http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
---
Party like it's $19.99!
2 years ago#42
The only difference between a fact and an opinion is that people who are wrong use opinions.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
2 years ago#43
SleepComa posted...
Goldninja posted...
xanthan1 posted...
Goldninja posted...
I already gave you a reason. The second post? Wanting to know why someone would create a game imitating such a terrible system. Nostalgia alone isn't a good enough reason. That's like saying that Pong is a great game because you used to play it. It wasn't. It was two virtual paddles in a battle to the death and it sucked.

Yeah no, he didn't want games similar in the ways you had problems with his example, you just latched on to those problems and started *****ing instead of adding anything to this thread.

Also crap like that last bit is why you sound like idiotic child who can't think of anything in the context of when it came out. If it sucked when it came out it wouldn't have been popular or good, get over yourself, you thinking it sucked doesn't mean it sucked. It's bad now but looking at it from today's standards is horribly stupid, stop doing it, learn to actually look at things compared to what else was around when it was it new.

PS, by your ****y logic the NES sucked because it was only 8bit and we have so much better stuff NOW, completely ignoring the context of why it was ever good.

"it's bad now". If it's bad now, then it was bad back then. You just admitted that the NES is good. The NES is good because it has always been good. The same cannot be said for that terrible Gameboy and Pong.

Maybe you should take a queue from the TC

Holy crap I....

Anyways, how old are you? Really, I'm curious.

Be honest.

Why, thank you for asking. See, back in the good ol' days, we had to go outside to alleviate our boredom. Pong didn't change that. In fact, it was so boring and bland, that it made us even more antsy for anarchy. Years went by and we had formed a sort of club that went against the norm. After years of violence and mayhem, we realized that the NES had been released. It was so good that we traded the baseball bats, lead pipes, and motorcycles for some Mario goodness. Everything was going great until that terrible puke green Gameboy was released. It was such an abomination, it lead to a vote that formed an alliance with a shady group. After some time, the Super NES was released and we decided to cut ties with that group, but it lead to a lot of internal conflict. It was a conflict that would have been avoided had that brick never released.

Now you know my charming story.
2 years ago#44
Please stop feeding the troll.

That two brothers actually looks interesting.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
2 years ago#45
Oh wow someone made a gameboy game. I better go on a crusade against it.

Dude. Get over it.
---
Bold Text
2 years ago#46
This topic is a prime example as to why the PC gamers are the most annoying gamers of them all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
Steam= kjhovey GT= kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
2 years ago#47
Roflnauts
2 years ago#48
kjhovey posted...
This topic is a prime example as to why the PC gamers are the most annoying gamers of them all.

Not PC gamers - just people too young to have ever actually played an original gameboy. I guarantee you no one back then thought "what? no backlight? Green screen? And it's so fat!" because nothing had backlights back then, there had never been a mobile gaming device of that caliber, and it was tiny by that day's standards.

I played prince of persia on an old black and yellow monitor when I was a kid, and it was awesome. I'm sure if these gentlemen were old enough to have played that, they'd have liked it too. Just pseudo hipsters hating on things they've never experienced
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
2 years ago#49
Where's Lemur? He needs to see my brilliance.

And no, I actually thought the Gameboy was rather substandard when I first tried it. I wasn't impressed. This, coming from a guy whose first system was an Atari 2600. Also, you can't guarantee squat. I knew several people who didn't care for the green screen.

Anyway, apologies, TC. Was just messing with Xanthan.

Also, none of you watch SoA? I'm disappointed.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
2 years ago#50
Greendragon854 posted...
kjhovey posted...

Not PC gamers - just people too young to have ever actually played an original gameboy. I guarantee you no one back then thought "what? no backlight? Green screen? And it's so fat!" because nothing had backlights back then, there had never been a mobile gaming device of that caliber, and it was tiny by that day's standards.

I played prince of persia on an old black and yellow monitor when I was a kid, and it was awesome. I'm sure if these gentlemen were old enough to have played that, they'd have liked it too. Just pseudo hipsters hating on things they've never experienced

I don't know man, I can take a Nintendo/Sony/MS fanboy, but when it comes to elitest PC gamers... they just raise the bar on my annoyance level.

But you are right with this situation... a lot of people won't appreciate how games evolved.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
Steam= kjhovey GT= kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any games like Super Smash Land

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived