This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What MMOs from Steam that supports a controller?

#1MuhammadJAPosted 9/20/2013 3:53:53 AM
Can someone list them?

Thanks!
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#2Fade2black001Posted 9/20/2013 4:36:15 AM
YOU can use a controller for any game. Even if it doesn't support it. So All of them
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3CaspernomnomPosted 9/20/2013 4:49:35 AM
I think the new FF mmo does not for sure though it does have a Console counter part so dunno
#4Dirk85UKPosted 9/20/2013 4:53:35 AM
Yes, you can use a controller with Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Though the game isn't on steam, out of all the MMO's that are controller enabled, FF14ARR is the best.
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 FTW | Asus P8 P67 | Intel 330 SSD | XFX 650W | Dell U2711
#550inchDLPPosted 9/20/2013 4:56:11 AM
Vindictus and rusty hearts do
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#6SlaynPosted 9/20/2013 5:28:56 AM
I made this terrible, terrible face when I saw "MMO" and "controller" in the same post. Ugh. From what people in FF14 have said, sure the controller works... but you are at a severe disadvantage. Don't do it man. Don't handicap other players for your own laziness.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#7claytonbuckleyPosted 9/20/2013 5:38:10 AM
Been years since i played it, but i assume DC Universe Online supports controllers?
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#8zxelmanPosted 9/20/2013 6:01:43 AM
If you must use your controller, you can as long as you can find a comfortable setup, and you know that maneuvering your mouse isn't often and/or cumbersome.

I'd suggest a wireless keyboard and mouse or just a long USB cord for both of them if you want to be at your couch. Controllers are a little bit of a hassle for most MMOs.
#9MuhammadJA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 8:35:23 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
YOU can use a controller for any game. Even if it doesn't support it. So All of them

You mean Xpadder? I liked it at first, but since it's a paid program, I won't bother with it.

Slayn posted...
I made this terrible, terrible face when I saw "MMO" and "controller" in the same post. Ugh. From what people in FF14 have said, sure the controller works... but you are at a severe disadvantage. Don't do it man. Don't handicap other players for your own laziness.

If anything, I'm only handicapping myself.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#10pfantzypantzPosted 9/20/2013 8:57:01 AM
Slayn posted...

I made this terrible face when I read this post. Why do people always feel the need to express their dislike of controllers in these topics? He's asking what MMOs support them, not whether other people agree with the notion of playing a MMO with a controller. And always under the veil of "handicapping" or "ruining the experience" of the other players.

If he enjoys playing with a controller, he isn't at a severe disadvantage, he's enjoying the game.