This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What MMOs from Steam that supports a controller?

#11SavageDonzillaPosted 9/20/2013 9:16:01 AM
claytonbuckley posted...
Been years since i played it, but i assume DC Universe Online supports controllers?

DC Universe Online does in fact support controllers, as well as Defiance(MMOish). Not sure why it has to be Steam but I'd go FFXIV over either of those.
---
I486SX 33MHz |256MB RAM | IBM EGA 64kb | Dell M990 19" CRT | IBM 200watt PSU
#12SlaynPosted 9/20/2013 9:20:52 AM
pfantzypantz posted...
Slayn posted...
I made this terrible, terrible face when I saw "MMO" and "controller" in the same post. Ugh. From what people in FF14 have said, sure the controller works... but you are at a severe disadvantage. Don't do it man. Don't handicap other players for your own laziness.

I made this terrible face when I read this post. Why do people always feel the need to express their dislike of controllers in these topics? He's asking what MMOs support them, not whether other people agree with the notion of playing a MMO with a controller. And always under the veil of "handicapping" or "ruining the experience" of the other players.

If he enjoys playing with a controller, he isn't at a severe disadvantage, he's enjoying the game.

Because if you group with other people, which is generally the aim of MMO, then you.... DO "ruin the experience" of the other plays, and you ARE at a severe advantage...?
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#13lionheart5656Posted 9/20/2013 9:24:21 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
YOU can use a controller for any game. Even if it doesn't support it. So All of them

You mean Xpadder? I liked it at first, but since it's a paid program, I won't bother with it.

Slayn posted...
I made this terrible, terrible face when I saw "MMO" and "controller" in the same post. Ugh. From what people in FF14 have said, sure the controller works... but you are at a severe disadvantage. Don't do it man. Don't handicap other players for your own laziness.

If anything, I'm only handicapping myself.

No you're handicapping every single player you play with because no one will know you have no idea what you are doing until it's too late.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#14MuhammadJA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:25:44 AM
Slayn posted...
pfantzypantz posted...
Slayn posted...

I made this terrible face when I read this post. Why do people always feel the need to express their dislike of controllers in these topics? He's asking what MMOs support them, not whether other people agree with the notion of playing a MMO with a controller. And always under the veil of "handicapping" or "ruining the experience" of the other players.

If he enjoys playing with a controller, he isn't at a severe disadvantage, he's enjoying the game.

Because if you group with other people, which is generally the aim of MMO, then you.... DO "ruin the experience" of the other plays, and you ARE at a severe advantage...?

So using a controller will put me in an advantage over others? Isn't it the other way?
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#15SlaynPosted 9/20/2013 9:55:58 AM
MuhammadJA posted...
Slayn posted...
pfantzypantz posted...
Slayn posted...

So using a controller will put me in an advantage over others? Isn't it the other way?

I don't know I work graveyard it's my bedtime lol.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.