This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

will the pc launch of gta5 be like this?

#51uncle_DescartesPosted 9/20/2013 12:21:19 PM
Glad to hear she got fired. After seeing this video for the first time I felt quite annoyed how this man was being treated, since it was clearly cut to hide the reason for the "nerd rage". The guy wasn't being unreasonable here, yet he got harassed by this girl and her crowd of white knight "YOU MAD BRO?" fratdude buddies.
#52PathlessBulletPosted 9/20/2013 12:35:05 PM
No, I'm pretty sure this is a case where the customer has an issue with the store's policy and takes it out on the employees. My brief experience in retail has taught me that the customer believes these polices do not apply to them and that they can be bent in any which way.

Sure, the employee can do you a solid and probably bend the rules a bit to just get the customer to shut the **** up (like the girl did in the video by giving him the game anyway) but if you were to bend these rules for each and every self entitled ass hat that walks into your place of business then you would quickly be laid off.

Of course you are obviously being paid with the expectation that you will act professional regardless of the customer's ignorance, so that kinda overrides everything.

Just my 2 cents.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#53sonicteam2k1Posted 9/20/2013 12:36:05 PM
tag
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#54MasterDonGeroPosted 9/20/2013 1:01:54 PM
uncle_Descartes posted...
Glad to hear she got fired. After seeing this video for the first time I felt quite annoyed how this man was being treated, since it was clearly cut to hide the reason for the "nerd rage". The guy wasn't being unreasonable here, yet he got harassed by this girl and her crowd of white knight "YOU MAD BRO?" fratdude buddies.

If he was not a little *****, he would have called the hecklers out.

The event was diffused after he walked away; he was seconds from walking out the door. She should not have escalated the situation again. Also, she should simply should not have given him the game.

I wish when I was a kid that liquor stores would have let me buy alcohol when I argued.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#55Shark_LaserPosted 9/20/2013 1:02:35 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
Of course you are obviously being paid with the expectation that you will act professional regardless of the customer's ignorance, so that kinda overrides everything.

This. Everything else is irrelevant. It doesn't matter how the customer acted. She should've handled it professionally.
---
Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell me what a man is without pride. Tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes. Tell me who the f*** you are.
#56thatfool12GsPosted 9/20/2013 1:16:49 PM
Lol, stupid ass ****. I wonder if she knew she was high fiving the guy who sealed her employments fate when she did it.

Why would you mock a customer knowing that you are being recorded?
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#57TheFeshPincePosted 9/20/2013 1:20:14 PM
I can't wait to watch this, but I'm at work. :(
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#58thatfool12GsPosted 9/20/2013 1:29:10 PM
Shark_Laser posted...
I'm shocked that some people fail to see how unprofessionally she handled this situation.

Don't be shocked. They are speaking from the point of view of a clueless consumer, not a trained customer service professional.

I work as a supervisor in a default mortgage customer service call center, and deal with wonderful people all the time who make all sorts of threats, and are also verbally abusive. As much as I would want to simply tell these people to **** off and pay their bills, I will not take things personal.

All she had to do is show empathy and keep her cool, not too hard of a process.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#59thatfool12GsPosted 9/20/2013 1:29:42 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
I can't wait to watch this, but I'm at work. :(

Dude, go take a crap and watch it on your phone.
---
#60BowsaaPosted 9/20/2013 1:35:46 PM
gastaman posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So if you did see something, explain it fully, properly, and without the condescending attitude.

She offered to provide his email address (private information, even if willingly provided to GameStop, is still private information under their Privacy Policy to not provide that information to anyone) to the people in line to "Thank" (Harass) him for holding up the line.

That was what set the guy off after it was already over.

I see it as the guy going nuts over what was meant to be a joke. It was late, people wanted their game. Just laugh and move on.

He started it by trying to use a business card as a photo ID, when he clearly had some sort of photo ID on hand (it seemed like he gave a proper ID sometime in the break, which is what he was taking from her afterwards.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000