This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

will the pc launch of gta5 be like this?

#61gastamanPosted 9/20/2013 3:23:22 PM(edited)
Bowsaa posted...
gastaman posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So if you did see something, explain it fully, properly, and without the condescending attitude.

She offered to provide his email address (private information, even if willingly provided to GameStop, is still private information under their Privacy Policy to not provide that information to anyone) to the people in line to "Thank" (Harass) him for holding up the line.

That was what set the guy off after it was already over.

I see it as the guy going nuts over what was meant to be a joke. It was late, people wanted their game. Just laugh and move on.

He started it by trying to use a business card as a photo ID, when he clearly had some sort of photo ID on hand (it seemed like he gave a proper ID sometime in the break, which is what he was taking from her afterwards.

Joke or not, it was uncalled for and unprofessional. And I still stand by my statement that the GameStop employee was condescending in nature and tone and her actions only served to escalate the situation, rather than resolve it.

Edit: Oh, and who cares who started it. GameStop is paying that manager to be professional at all times and to provide excellent customer service and to display the ability to resolve conflict without escalation when possible. She displayed none of that.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.2 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#62hellmasterpPosted 9/20/2013 4:28:27 PM
If that was me, guy would have never got the game and that would have never happened. No ID, no game. Period.
---
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=557350 -my old mobo oc
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2341052 -current mobo oc
#63NotQuiteAFreakPosted 9/20/2013 4:48:16 PM
She was an idiot for how poorly she handled the situation, giving out his email address to public, etc... and he was idiot for thinking he could use his business card as a valid ID. They're both idiots.

Why does everyone have to pick sides all the time?
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#64BogePosted 9/20/2013 5:01:20 PM
You guys missed the first part of the video, which wasn't taken. The guy started the issue by being a freaking chode about showing his ID.

It's kind of hard to be kind and sweet to a self entitled jerk. I think she held up rather nicely. She could have easily just told him to get out of the store.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#65Lasko246Posted 9/20/2013 5:20:00 PM
Boge posted...
You guys missed the first part of the video, which wasn't taken. The guy started the issue by being a freaking chode about showing his ID.

It's kind of hard to be kind and sweet to a self entitled jerk. I think she held up rather nicely. She could have easily just told him to get out of the store.

It doesn't matter. She has to act professional at all times. It's her job. If she doesn't like the way she's treated, she should just bite her lip.
#66SpacedDuckPosted 9/20/2013 5:21:02 PM
I didn't know Steam needed ID :p
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#67ThescyyPosted 9/20/2013 5:24:20 PM
gastaman posted...
Bowsaa posted...
gastaman posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
So if you did see something, explain it fully, properly, and without the condescending attitude.

She offered to provide his email address (private information, even if willingly provided to GameStop, is still private information under their Privacy Policy to not provide that information to anyone) to the people in line to "Thank" (Harass) him for holding up the line.

That was what set the guy off after it was already over.

I see it as the guy going nuts over what was meant to be a joke. It was late, people wanted their game. Just laugh and move on.

He started it by trying to use a business card as a photo ID, when he clearly had some sort of photo ID on hand (it seemed like he gave a proper ID sometime in the break, which is what he was taking from her afterwards.

Joke or not, it was uncalled for and unprofessional. And I still stand by my statement that the GameStop employee was condescending in nature and tone and her actions only served to escalate the situation, rather than resolve it.

Edit: Oh, and who cares who started it. GameStop is paying that manager to be professional at all times and to provide excellent customer service and to display the ability to resolve conflict without escalation when possible. She displayed none of that.

It's sad that so many people don't seem to even comprehend why her behavior was clearly an issue here. Being condescending to your customers and trying to get the last word like that is a big no no, no matter how much you may want to say it.
---
i7 3930k @ 4.5Ghz | H220 | asrock x79 extreme 9 | 16GB 1600mhz ram | SLI GTX 780 | Samsung 830 256GB SSD | 8TB HDDs | EVGA Supernova 1300 G2 | Fractal design R4
#68arleasPosted 9/20/2013 5:26:03 PM
At 24 seconds, that is where it should have ended and the woman working there should have kept her big mouth shut. If she wanted to badmouth the guy she could have waited till he had left, and certainly not to other customers. If she needed to say anything, all she should have said was "I'm sorry for the delay, how may I help you?".

Does it really matter how much of a dick the customer was? Unless he was directly being rude to everyone else in the room, no. If that was the case, she could have said "Sir I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave now." If he refused, then at that point you call the cops.

Instead she DID threaten to give out his information. Being rude to a customer (even if he was being rude to her first) probably would have gotten her reprimanded or demoted at most...but offering to give out the email so everyone could harass him is what likely got her fired, even if it was a joke.

You guys missed the first part of the video, which wasn't taken.

Yeah, I missed every part of the video that wasn't taken. The video was also edited at the 7 second mark. Maybe that was where the customer himself yelled out his name, phone number and email address giving ample time for everyone in line to write it down?

It's kind of hard to be kind and sweet to a self entitled jerk.

And that's why they don't put just anyone in Customer Service. Because it's hard... Because acting professional is hard. I admit I couldn't do it. The first time a customer gave me attitude I'd give it back in spades, but then I'd be fired, so I've stayed far away from any actual customer service roles.

She didn't hold up very well...every word was dripping with sarcasm from the beginning of the video. "Oh no I'm very sincere!" and then the minute he turns his back to leave she's making fun of him in front of everyone. Highly unprofessional. The guy who filmed it thought he was gonna further mock the guy and instead highlighted exactly why the customer had a reason to be upset.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://i.imgur.com/G7PNnZ8.gif
#69strongo9Posted 9/20/2013 5:40:57 PM
They shouldn't have ID'd somebody his age anyway. It's fairly obvious that he's 17 or older.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#70snkboiPosted 9/20/2013 10:36:21 PM
does anyone know which city this was located?
---
i think it's nice