This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

will the pc launch of gta5 be like this?

#91_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/22/2013 3:36:50 AM
I think they were both wrong. Though the lady was doing her job and should act professionally.

Though to be fair, to get mad when you can not use a business card as ID is dumb as hell. A business card is never accepted as ID. The reason they ask ID is to protect HIM. He has paid in advance, and to make sure HE does not get #$% over, they ask for ID. How can you really get mad about that. Imagine they did not ask for ID, would he, or anyone else who pre-ordered be better off? I do not think so.

But the way she handled the situation was completely inappropriate. If you are in any service job, you will always have to deal with knucklehead customers. This is just a fact. You just can not act the way the lady at the counter did. It is unprofessional and he is still a customer.

The lady actually gave him his copy of the game. I personally would not have done that. Next thing you know every other person in line without ID feels he is entitled to the same exception to the rule. Just keep it professional "Sorry sir, I can not give you the game without any ID, we take our customers pre-orders seriously and exercise caution when it comes to these things, especially for a game like this"

If she had him get his ID, and this is when he came back fuming, then she should just stay friendly and emphasize it was only to protect him as a customer. Let him do what he want and leave fuming, she would have done nothing wrong. Last thing you should do is get in an argument with a person like this.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#92thatfool12GsPosted 9/22/2013 6:54:08 AM
She should have made this fool go back outside and have his mom drive him back home to get his ID. Seriously, what adult leaves home without a drivers license or ID?
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#93iscareu13Posted 9/22/2013 7:41:40 AM(edited)
thatfool12Gs posted...
She should have made this fool go back outside and have his mom drive him back home to get his ID. Seriously, what adult leaves home without a drivers license or ID?

You do realize she hands him back his ID, not a business card... right?

After the whole "you need your ID" start, the video is edited to a future part of the event.

After she hands back his ID and he is leaving, "Oh, we still have his business card! Want his information?" or whatever it is she says.
#94phantasyPosted 9/22/2013 7:41:03 AM
wait so the dude try to be a smartass and use his business card instead of a real ID in the first place?
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#95iscareu13Posted 9/22/2013 7:47:44 AM(edited)
phantasy posted...
wait so the dude try to be a smartass and use his business card instead of a real ID in the first place?

He probably forgot his ID in the car or something. He probably didn't realize until he was paying and asked for his ID. "Oh, I must of left my ID in the car... Here is my business card?"

Obviously, the camera man started recording late and/or edited this in a way to completely favor the employee. We don't know what happened before the video was recording. We also don't know what happened during the taken out scene. So what either of us say is pure speculation and opinions.

As I said before, if he needed to go and get his ID, the store should of made him go back to the back of the line. Simple as that.
#96phantasyPosted 9/22/2013 8:06:36 AM
iscareu13 posted...
phantasy posted...

He probably forgot his ID in the car or something. He probably didn't realize until he was paying and asked for his ID. "Oh, I must of left my ID in the car... Here is my business card?"

Obviously, the camera man started recording late and/or edited this in a way to completely favor the employee. We don't know what happened before the video was recording. We also don't know what happened during the taken out scene. So what either of us say is pure speculation and opinions.

As I said before, if he needed to go and get his ID, the store should of made him go back to the back of the line. Simple as that.

one would think any sane person would do that. but instead the majority of the time they will just create a scene and give the employee a hard time to get their way. And they are able to get away with it simply its a lot easier to just give what they want then to keep the scene going.

Since it was a midnight release, pretty sure it was hectic and I am sure people are tired of waiting in line and being so late.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#97Killah PriestPosted 9/22/2013 8:08:30 AM
Seriously, what adult leaves home without a drivers license or ID?

I don't carry my ID with me most of the time, I haven't needed it in like 15 years.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#98ThunderPotatoPosted 9/22/2013 8:56:28 AM
No, because PC gamers would be buying it on Steam where you just lie about your age anyways.
---
PS4's entry level tablet processor is amazing.
#99BowsaaPosted 9/22/2013 9:02:07 AM(edited)
luigi33 posted...
"Meant to be a joke"

Are you serious? Have you ever worked in a customer service position ever in your life?

Somewhat of a bad joke, and poorly timed as well, but what she said about people emailing him to thank him for holding things up was clearly a joke.

And for the record, I work in a restaurant/drive delivery for the same place, so I deal with customers on a fairly regular basis.
---
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
#100somebody336Posted 9/22/2013 12:19:40 PM
She was a manager and pretty old, so she should of known better than to handle the situation like that. Though I find it very funny she high fived the dude that pretty much will cause her to lose her job lol