This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think console games will ever look this good?

#31pothocketPosted 9/20/2013 2:47:55 PM
QUIK posted...
you should post this on the ps3 and xbox 360 forums...show them what pc games are about..

LOL yeah. Hey everyone, check out what is technically possible but no one's game actually looks like! Clearly PC is better for taking screenshots!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#32Knighted Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 2:53:29 PM
LOL yeah. Hey everyone, check out what is technically possible but no one's game actually looks like! Clearly PC is better for taking screenshots!

I don't know why people keep saying this over and over, it's actually not as hard as you would think to run those mods. He was running it on a 470, something that's pretty outdated now, and he was still getting around 50 fps. Better hardware can run the game that looks just like that with no real problem, the only thing making it harder to run than it should be is GTA 4 just being a badly optimized game.

Same with modded Skyrim, it looks ridiculously good but people always quote him saying he only gets 5-15 fps outside, but that was with the max grass settings and he was only using a 660 or a 670 when those screenshots that are all over the internet were taken. Using something like a 7990 or a 780 you can run those mods in a very consistent framerate, especially if you turn the grass down a bit
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#33xBrokenxHaloxPosted 9/20/2013 3:00:47 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...

I don't know why people keep saying this over and over, it's actually not as hard as you would think to run those mods. He was running it on a 470, something that's pretty outdated now, and he was still getting around 50 fps. Better hardware can run the game that looks just like that with no real problem, the only thing making it harder to run than it should be is GTA 4 just being a badly optimized game.

Same with modded Skyrim, it looks ridiculously good but people always quote him saying he only gets 5-15 fps outside, but that was with the max grass settings and he was only using a 660 or a 670 when those screenshots that are all over the internet were taken. Using something like a 7990 or a 780 you can run those mods in a very consistent framerate, especially if you turn the grass down a bit

Saved me the trouble of typing this out. But back to the gta mod...the human models still look the same correct? I feel they would look out of place in this very shiny world.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#34ChromaticAngelPosted 9/20/2013 3:25:40 PM
honestly even real life doesn't look that good. the cars in modded GTA4 all look like they just went through an extensive professional wash and waxing at all times and the buildings are spotless and have no rain damage or anything.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#35ghostly12Posted 9/20/2013 7:18:34 PM
Kind of funny how many people talk crap about it not being playable, or not looking that good in motion, but then fade away as soon as they are proven wrong. Still though, with him playing on a 470, it's possible the next gen consoles could do something similar . . . lol not like they will with their terrible CPU's though
---
i7 3770 || HAF X Blue ||Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS|| 16GB G-Skill DDR3-1866 || Vapor-X 7970 Ghz || 840 Pro 126GB || Corsair H100i || WD Black 1TB || SeaSonic 750W
#36Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/20/2013 7:23:09 PM
Without clicking I'm guessing the pic is of GTA 4 mod. If so is the game even playable with that level of detail?

He was playing on a e8400, gtx 470, with 4gb ram and said it ran at about 50 fps. On more modern hardware it runs a lot better

Too bad, with this level of details, no pc can play that either.

See above. Modern hardware can easily handle that. Modded GTA 4 isn't actually that hard to run beyond GTA 4 just being a poorly optimized piece of crap

So if he was playing it on a e8400 and gtx 470.. ps4 shouldn't have no trouble... the ps4's gpu is ~ a 580 and the processor probably even beats that e8400.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#37TheWayOfTheGunPosted 9/20/2013 7:45:40 PM(edited)
Those pics are gorgeous but also deceiving.

I tweaked Icenhancer 2.1 until I got amazing results but even with max FXAA the graphics were volatile in motion. The core game engine is just glitchy all around. Still, GTA 4 with a well tweaked ENB mod is the best graphical experience I have ever had.

I think it mostly has to do with the amazing art team Rockstar hired.
#38ATARIJAWAPosted 9/21/2013 12:40:22 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Without clicking I'm guessing the pic is of GTA 4 mod. If so is the game even playable with that level of detail?

He was playing on a e8400, gtx 470, with 4gb ram and said it ran at about 50 fps. On more modern hardware it runs a lot better

Too bad, with this level of details, no pc can play that either.

See above. Modern hardware can easily handle that. Modded GTA 4 isn't actually that hard to run beyond GTA 4 just being a poorly optimized piece of crap

So if he was playing it on a e8400 and gtx 470.. ps4 shouldn't have no trouble... the ps4's gpu is ~ a 580 and the processor probably even beats that e8400.

The ps4's gpu is a 7970m laptop card.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#39akuma634Posted 9/21/2013 12:51:06 AM
It's more depressing that people put all of that effort into GTAIV. At the end of the day it's still GTAIV.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#40dlfPosted 9/21/2013 1:04:13 AM
At some point technology will progress . . . though by that time PC games will probably be 4, 8 or 16k standard I'd presume.

Also ATARIJAWA I agree . . . . .
---
I have built http://pcpartpicker.com/p/P5kr - Minus a few parts.