This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

[Build Ready]: Opinion on this build please?

#11Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:45:44 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I would suggest an H87 board but it seems like switching wouldn't save you any money anyway unless you went with an MATX board which you really shouldn't do unless you need to save space. You don't need a different heatsink than the one that comes with the CPU since you aren't overclocking. As for an SSD this is a good option

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7te120bw

120GB is awfully small for an internal drive. Do you mean to use it simply for OS install? And why is there disagreement on replacing the motherboard?
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#12Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 10:01:08 AM
Bump. Anyone else? I'd appreciate some help.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#13ShubPosted 9/21/2013 10:50:02 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...
120GB is awfully small for an internal drive. Do you mean to use it simply for OS install?

I have a 120 GB SSD, I put my OS on it, all the non-gaming software, several games that I play often and/or that benefit from it, and I have 45 GB available! It's a lot more room than you think!
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#14Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 12:06:59 PM
Shub posted...
Deaths_Blade posted...
120GB is awfully small for an internal drive. Do you mean to use it simply for OS install?

I have a 120 GB SSD, I put my OS on it, all the non-gaming software, several games that I play often and/or that benefit from it, and I have 45 GB available! It's a lot more room than you think!

So I should simply use an SSD instead. I know 120GB is a reasonable amount of space, especially considering that I usually uninstall Steam games that I've finished with.
---
#152Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/21/2013 12:07:40 PM
Deaths_Blade posted...
Shub posted...
Deaths_Blade posted...

So I should simply use an SSD instead. I know 120GB is a reasonable amount of space, especially considering that I usually uninstall Steam games that I've finished with.

You should also get at least a 1 TB drive for storage.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#16ShubPosted 9/21/2013 12:18:44 PM

Yep, that's what I do. 128 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#17Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 12:20:47 PM
Shub posted...

So, the original drive plus a 120GB SSD? I can do that.

What about the MB and fan?
---
#182Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/21/2013 12:23:37 PM
Deaths_Blade posted...
Shub posted...

So, the original drive plus a 120GB SSD? I can do that.

What about the MB and fan?

After looking through UK prices on motherboards it doesn't seem like you save any money getting an H87 over a Z87 board so the one you picked is fine. The only cheaper ones are meant for micro ATX builds
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#19Deaths_Blade(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 2:22:27 AM
After looking through UK prices on motherboards it doesn't seem like you save any money getting an H87 over a Z87 board so the one you picked is fine. The only cheaper ones are meant for micro ATX builds

OK, stick with the original MB? Good too.

Anyone else want to comment on this one? Any feedback is appreciated.
---