This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are two timeless PC games.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are two timeless PC games.
2 years ago#21
System Shock 2 says hello
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
2 years ago#22
Games can't be timeless because the graphics won't hold up in 10-20 years. Something like the movie The Shining is probably timeless. But even then I'm sure there's some aspects to it that shout 80ies (Or 70ies).
- My vision is augmented
2 years ago#23
For me, a game that I consider timeless is Transports Tycoon Deluxe, specially with the new ports (making it work great on newer OSs).

Its a game that never gets old. I play it every year since it was released, and NEVER get bored of it. For such an old game, the gameplay still holds up soo well that impresses me.
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
2 years ago#24
boktai3 posted...
dark souls better be on that list instead of crysis, crysis was just very pretty, but otherwise was a very standard shooter.

Dark Souls is good, in fact I would say it's one of the best games I've played in the last five years. But it is not timeless, and CERTAINLY not a timeless PC game.

A timeless game is always good, regardless of advances in technology. Deus Ex, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Planescape Torment, and Morrowind are all timeless PC games. Dark Souls doesn't touch them.
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
2 years ago#25
Though the graphics seem terrible to some, i think that doom/quake/duke nukem/etc. are still fantastic shooters still to this day. There's a lot of fun to be had in them, and if you can get your head out of your ass and appreciate them for what they are you won't miss out. I played through hexxen, heretic, and quake 1 for the first time two years ago, and they are already in my tops for most fun fps experiences i've ever had.
2 years ago#26
3D games can't be timeless, IMO. The graphics and engine both become outdated and can be awkward to play, unless the graphics/mechanics are simple. Like Minecraft or shooters like Doom and Half-Life or Quake and Counter-Strike.
2 years ago#27
Crap games can't be timeless unless you are referring to their crap factor. Therefore, Crysis is not timeless.
2 years ago#28
Diablo 2 still does everything right for the ARPG genre.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
2 years ago#29
The original Crysis is still one of my favorite FPS games of all time. That being said, Freespace 2 is easily a better PC game.
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
2 years ago#30
My list would be:

Diablo 2 with expansion
The Neverhood
Beavis & Butt-Head In Virtual Stupidity
Half-Life, especially the Black Mesa remake
System Shock 2 which is still pants crappingly terrifying
Pretty much any Sierra and Lucas Arts adventure game, especially Monkey Island 1-3, Sam & Max, Space Quest series, Leisure Suit Larry 1-7, and Day Of The Tentacle.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are two timeless PC games.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived