This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Poll: anybdy else not give a f*** about GTAV?

#11Incendia_IntusPosted 9/20/2013 11:26:08 AM
I think the only GTA I ever played more than a couple hours was San Andreas.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
#12Gojak_v3Posted 9/20/2013 11:28:19 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...
http://wccftech.com/gta-v-pc-release-date-leaked/

I would be shocked if it's out before the end of the year.
#13MarceloSampaioPosted 9/20/2013 11:44:44 AM
I care. But I will not buy any consle version.

But I wil SURELLY buy the PC version eventually. :)
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#14Moorish_IdolPosted 9/20/2013 11:52:25 AM
Why care about GTA when you have SR2/3/4?
#15PaukenPosted 9/20/2013 12:04:50 PM
Don't care. GTA has always been a subpar sandbox game, anyway; a true sandbox should give access to good-aligned missions in addition to the much-too-prevalent evil missions. To this day it baffles me that no one's made a GTA clone where you play as a police officer, taking down the usual GTA protagonists, that doesn't make the cop a sociopath who'll do anything, including becoming that which he fights against, to stop the gangs *glares at Sleeping Dogs*. I mean, why is the concept of a police sandbox that doesn't force you to go undercover and leave your morals at the door so damn hard to achieve??

Honestly though, the best sandbox games in the days of the GameCube, PS2, and Xbox were the superhero ones. Spiderman 2 is still unmatched for heroic sandboxing, and Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction is pretty much perfect with regards to allowing mass carnage while still having a heroic goal (hulk get mad, hulk smash puny humans, hulk not care if they military or random civilians, hulk smash them all! Hulk also smash abomination because abomination evil, and hulk prefer city live). It honestly disappoints me that no one's made a generic superhero sandbox that lets you customize your ability set and costume; Saint's Row IV did have that aspect, but it's kinda ruined with the inherent stupidity of the Saint's Row series (not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd much rather have a superhero sandbox game with customizable powers that didn't go completely off the wall crazy, with sex toys and dubstep guns as standard armament for the PC).

And of course there's Elder Scrolls, which is much closer to a true sandbox than GTA will ever be (being limited to evil alignment choices is not a true sandbox; a true sandbox lets you choose your character's alignment for yourself, and lets you do heroic missions in addition to the sociopathic ones). Sadly fantasy sandboxes seem to have the whole "pick your alignment" thing down MUCH better than any modern non-Superhero sandboxes do; I know it's probably difficult to program in the necessary restrictions for being a cop in a GTA clone, and probably difficult to start a generic superhero sandbox franchise in this day and age of sequelitis, but I'd love to see more sandboxes that cater to heroic deeds instead of focusing only on criminal acts.
#16AsellusPosted 9/20/2013 12:10:57 PM
I would be shocked if it's out before the end of the year.

I dunno, if they can make the holiday season it makes perfect sense to. Fits with nVidia's leak too.
#17ein311Posted 9/20/2013 12:14:02 PM
I was going to buy it the other day when I was out with some buddies having drinks but we decided to spend an extra $60 on alcohol instead.

I think I'll pick it up in a few weeks.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#18Ch3wyPosted 9/20/2013 12:14:34 PM
I care. I'm not edgy enough to not care.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#19MarceloSampaioPosted 9/20/2013 12:22:49 PM
Moorish_Idol posted...
Why care about GTA when you have SR2/3/4?

Because SR2/3/4 end, man.

In my opinion, the SR games are better than the GTA games, but after a while, you need something else, and thats where GTA comes in.

Also, SR4 is not much like GTA anymore. Hell, isn't even like SR anymore! Its a fun game (with all the alien crazyness), but too much different to be part of the same series.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#20AlexTheNextOnePosted 9/20/2013 12:34:32 PM
I don't care for any GTA game, period.
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
~