This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nostalgia trip for 90's gamers

#51SlaynPosted 9/23/2013 7:12:49 AM
You seriously don't think people will remember WoW?
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#52MarceloSampaioPosted 9/23/2013 7:23:04 AM
Slayn posted...
You seriously don't think people will remember WoW?

You doesn't suck, thats a fact. But it didn't anything meaningful to gaming. Its not a revolutionary game in any way, it didn't do anything to shape gaming as it is today.

In fact, its the opposite really. Its proving that people are willing to pay montly fees to play games; its showing that companies are willing to simplify and dumb-down games to try to keep attaining new players (even if the older players are already abandoning it). It shows the AAA developers that they don't really need to bother creating great storylines and amazing single player adventures.

And believe me: when WoW dies (it WILL happen someday, right?), it won't take much time for people to forget about it.
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#53SlaynPosted 9/23/2013 7:29:44 AM
Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, and Ultima Online came before WoW and had paid subscriptions. Just curious, did you play Everquest before WoW came out? I did. WoW was a LOT better. Instances are amazing compared to what EQ had, which was getting a group together, sitting in a corner of a dungeon with 100 other people, and claiming a spawn that you camped for a few hours, then having to run out of the zone when someone brings a death train of mobs to the zone entrance, so that everyone doesn't lose a weeks worth of EXP.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#54MarceloSampaioPosted 9/23/2013 7:50:46 AM
Slayn posted...
Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, and Ultima Online came before WoW and had paid subscriptions. Just curious, did you play Everquest before WoW came out? I did. WoW was a LOT better. Instances are amazing compared to what EQ had, which was getting a group together, sitting in a corner of a dungeon with 100 other people, and claiming a spawn that you camped for a few hours, then having to run out of the zone when someone brings a death train of mobs to the zone entrance, so that everyone doesn't lose a weeks worth of EXP.

Yes, I did play Everquest and Ultima Online. And indeed, WoW WAS better than Everquest and UO. But Blizzard simplified it too much, I ended going back to Ultima Online. And unless you fail at reading, I never said that WoW suck. In fact, i said the exact opposite.

But, like I said, there's nothing in WoW that is revolutionary. I'll ask again: what did WoW do for gaming? It wasn't the first online game, it wasn't the first to feature instanced dungeons, it wasn't the first RPG to feature different races and classes, it wasn't even the first Warcraft game! It doesn't have the biggest game world, it doesn't have the best gameplay, and SURE AS HELL doesn't have a good community.

And while you are at it, have you even played WoW when it started (before Blizzard started to make things so simplistic)? Have you played at a time where a huge Alliance group would invade Orgrimar just to have fun? Nowdays the community is so damn lame that the 'War' part of the name Warcraft doesn't even mean anything now.

And I'll now ask you: how many games from the '90 did you play?

You stated that '90 gaming sucked, but have you ever played those? Where were you when the Warcraft started as a revolutionary strategy game (even though it has many elements taken from Dune 2), more focused on making you think and in telling you a story?
---
#55SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/23/2013 8:10:41 AM
Anyone know what this is:

http://cdn.acidcow.com/pics/20110224/games_08.jpg

It looks rad.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#56eddy1nsanePosted 9/23/2013 8:27:24 AM
I cant fine tie-fighter, x-wing, dungeonkeeper, mdk.
---
God created the world, everything else are made in China
#57KillerTrufflePosted 9/23/2013 8:40:04 AM
eddy1nsane posted...

I don't recall Tie-Fighter/X-Wing or MDK (both deserve to be there), but check #91.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#58MarceloSampaioPosted 9/23/2013 8:56:29 AM
eddy1nsane posted...

Dungeon Keeper is there. :)

But yeah, X-Wing and Tie Fighter are amazing, and sould be there.

As for MDK... This one should DEFINITELY be there. Specially considering that it was one of the first game that featured zooming to see enemies up-close without making things pixelated. :)
---
#59Ch3wyPosted 9/23/2013 9:34:47 AM
Sinfullyvannila posted...

It looks rad.

Metal Mutant.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#60SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/23/2013 10:10:50 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Sinfullyvannila posted...

It looks rad.

Metal Mutant.

Wow, that game looks stunning for 1991.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch