This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Black Ops 2 on PC?

#11PathlessBullet(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:36:28 PM
biohazard1775 posted...
It's pretty damn imbalanced with it's weapons and attachments. During the free weekend I attached a laser sight to my weapon and I never had to aim down the sights. Just go Battlefield 3 if you want a modern military shooter.

Well BF3 has this thing with suppression that makes infantry based combat rather frustrating and just plain not fun or engaging, and the air to air based combat is ruined by Stingers and lock-on weapons in general.

;/
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#12Gojak_v3Posted 9/20/2013 9:44:45 PM(edited)
It's important to note they gave us dedicated servers this time, but finding games is still done through the match making system.

The graphics are average to say the least, but I really thought they did a great job with facial expressions and animations while playing single player.
#13Orestes417Posted 9/20/2013 10:03:56 PM(edited)
For a CoD game it's about the best balanced of the bunch. It's nowhere close to BF3's nearly perfect side grades but it's also not nearly as bad as say... MW2's clearcut imba setups or the Black Ops FAMAS. In the end though, you either enjoy CoD or you don't. There isn't really any middle ground.

Also, suggesting Battlefield as a substitute for CoD is just plain silly. They're different animals. It's about like suggesting either as a substitute for CS.

While I'm thinking about it, I feel the need to reiterate my earlier statement. The netcode does strange things at times and you absolutely will have wtf deaths here and there. Lots of them. Think more often than dying around corners in BF3.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#14DerPancakePosted 9/20/2013 10:17:20 PM
biohazard1775 posted...
It's pretty damn imbalanced with it's weapons and attachments. During the free weekend I attached a laser sight to my weapon and I never had to aim down the sights. Just go Battlefield 3 if you want a modern military shooter.

All of the weapons are balanced in Black Ops 2. Btw in games like Counter-strike you never have to aim down sights and no one cries about it.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#15thebladeofwoePosted 9/20/2013 11:34:17 PM
I hwve been playing blops2 for 3 months AND it is awesome, no lag problems just damned players with dropshots. Good game. Waiting on ghosts now (wanna know the req specs)
---
A10 ('@2.3) HD 7600G & HD 7670M 8gb ram W8.
#16akuma634Posted 9/21/2013 12:07:25 AM
It's great on PC. Visually, it's very awesome. The game runs silky smooth but I do think the load times are a bit much but it's not terrible, plus it's the kind of game where they start with a cut scene as it loads in the background. The online portion of the game is also very well done. I haven't had any problems with it on max settings.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#17InterfusorPosted 9/21/2013 2:02:46 AM
BO1 was pretty great, but because I'm a cheapskate I'm still trying to find a better price for BO2.
---
I am not economically viable.
#18ThePCElitistPosted 9/21/2013 6:23:30 AM
Loshadt posted...
It got a lot more care into the PC version than its predecessors. Community is fairly small though, so unless you plan on playing nothing but zombies and SP I would just ignore it.

Lolwat there are thousands playing TDM as well.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#19Gojak_v3Posted 9/21/2013 6:42:40 AM
ThePCElitist posted...
Loshadt posted...
It got a lot more care into the PC version than its predecessors. Community is fairly small though, so unless you plan on playing nothing but zombies and SP I would just ignore it.

Lolwat there are thousands playing TDM as well.

Yeah but you run into problems if you like some of the less popular mod. I personally like kill confirmed and there might only be a few hundred playing that.

Note I played the s*** out of blops2 when it came out but haven't touched it in a couple months so I don't know what the population is like now.