This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help with parts for first gaming PC

#21DerPancakePosted 9/21/2013 2:01:52 PM
Shub posted...
DerPancake posted...
HeroshiX2 posted...
Okay, this is what I've come up with and I think I'm going for it, I'm happy with how it all looks thus far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1G9ZV

Thank you all so much for the help!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Gauf

The CPU cooler is much better.

No it's not... That Noctua is great for silence but it's barely better than the Intel stock cooler when it comes to temperatures.

Yeah, I ****** up, I mixed it up with the Noctua U12.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#22HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 8:34:05 PM
Hey hey, last question I promise, what can I do about that cases ventilation stuff? I don't plan on buying extra fans for awhile and those open ports (dust/cats are around where I am) could pose a problem, though if there's not much I could do well.. cleaning it often isn't that big of a deal since I see myself taking an air can to it every two weeks or so.
#232Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/21/2013 8:36:02 PM
HeroshiX2 posted...
Hey hey, last question I promise, what can I do about that cases ventilation stuff? I don't plan on buying extra fans for awhile and those open ports (dust/cats are around where I am) could pose a problem, though if there's not much I could do well.. cleaning it often isn't that big of a deal since I see myself taking an air can to it every two weeks or so.

That case has 2 intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the back. It also has a dust filter on the front and presumably on the power supply intake so you shouldn't have to clean it that often.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#24HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 9:23:11 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
HeroshiX2 posted...

That case has 2 intake fans in the front and one exhaust fan in the back. It also has a dust filter on the front and presumably on the power supply intake so you shouldn't have to clean it that often.

Well, the top without fans seems to have decently large holes which worry me about something possibly falling in, I suppose I could just cover it with a book or something since I doubt I'll have heat issues but.. just curious really, compared to other reviews this case has everything from user friendly installing (especially for first timers) to tons of cooling options should I ever really need it so I really don't want some grills to put me off and cause issues.
#252Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/21/2013 9:25:33 PM
HeroshiX2 posted...
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
HeroshiX2 posted...

Well, the top without fans seems to have decently large holes which worry me about something possibly falling in, I suppose I could just cover it with a book or something since I doubt I'll have heat issues but.. just curious really, compared to other reviews this case has everything from user friendly installing (especially for first timers) to tons of cooling options should I ever really need it so I really don't want some grills to put me off and cause issues.

The holes aren't too big but you could just dust it off every so often.
---
#26PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/21/2013 9:27:34 PM
You could always buy something like this to keep the dust out:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999217

I have 3 of them in my case and they work great.
---
Fear is a leash.
#27SuperemppuPosted 9/21/2013 10:11:39 PM
If the case has more fans intaking air than outputting, there's going to be positive air pressure inside the case making so that all holes in the case without a fan in them are going to output air, rather than intake it making it harder for the dust to go in there.

The build looks solid, there's no really weak links apart from the sligthly mediocre GPU. It will run any game that you throw at it for sure at some settings and after a while buying a $250 gpu will make all kinds of sense in regards of future upgrading.

I was a bit scared to OC too a while back, but used a bit of time to read on things and went for it in the end. Now my i5-3570K runs at 4.0ghz @ -0,050 offset voltages. (1.18V max) and my 7950 is at 1100/1300 @ 1.231V from the stock 900/1250@1.092V

OC is easy, you just need time and patience to do it properly. You could just bumb the multiplier to 40 from the stock 34 and see if it runs, if it does, call it a day for extra easy OC experience.
---
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.
#28HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 12:21:17 AM
Thank you all again for the advice and info, if dust/cat hair (for when a cat is actually in this room, it's kept clean for the most part but cats are comforting and well, shedding..) does accumulate too much with that case due to the top I'll just cover it like first planned but hopefully it won't come to that if the air pushing is good enough, hoping things are pretty silent for the most part, too. (Though this ceiling fan in my room drowns out quite a bit without being too loud, I grew used to it and I can with this case, too, if need be.)

But for future notice/builds, is it possible to turn off LED lighting when they don't have a button to do so AND without getting new fans? Take this previous posted one for example.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107

Lights are neato and all but.. I dunno, they seem distracting, though I never play in a dark room and my computer will be off at night due to my own paranoia. But god I wish every case had a button to turn off the lights like that corsair..
#292Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/22/2013 8:32:07 AM
HeroshiX2 posted...
Thank you all again for the advice and info, if dust/cat hair (for when a cat is actually in this room, it's kept clean for the most part but cats are comforting and well, shedding..) does accumulate too much with that case due to the top I'll just cover it like first planned but hopefully it won't come to that if the air pushing is good enough, hoping things are pretty silent for the most part, too. (Though this ceiling fan in my room drowns out quite a bit without being too loud, I grew used to it and I can with this case, too, if need be.)

But for future notice/builds, is it possible to turn off LED lighting when they don't have a button to do so AND without getting new fans? Take this previous posted one for example.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147107

Lights are neato and all but.. I dunno, they seem distracting, though I never play in a dark room and my computer will be off at night due to my own paranoia. But god I wish every case had a button to turn off the lights like that corsair..

You can disconnect the LEDs inside the fan but I'm not sure the process is reversible.
---