This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF7 - Using Tifa's Bootleg, can't get key to ancients

#1daemon_danPosted 9/21/2013 1:08:42 AM
Posted this on the FF7 PC board but thought I might cover some more area posting it here too.\

I may have accidentally hit "All key items" hotkey on the trainer at some point, but the key to the ancients required for the event with Bugenhagen is not where it's supposed to be, and even though it says it's in my inventory, I can't advance the story. Has anyone encountered this, and am I f***ed? I wanted to post this on the forums for the mod pack, but registration there is currently disabled.
---
Bekness is more amazing than any game ever <3
#2Deaths_BladePosted 9/21/2013 2:10:35 AM
Honestly mate, it certainly sounds like you're ****ed.

Best guess: The Key is removed when it is used in the story, leaving a "ghost" key in the same inventory spot. Therefore you can't pick up another one.

I suppose you could get another save game from somewhere, then use the trainer to rebuild your game as before.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#3daemon_dan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 2:11:45 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...

Best guess: The Key is removed when it is used in the story, leaving a "ghost" key in the same inventory spot. Therefore you can't pick up another one.

I suppose you could get another save game from somewhere, then use the trainer to rebuild your game as before.

I just got Knights of the Round, too. That boss they threw in was a b****
---
#4Deaths_BladePosted 9/21/2013 2:30:41 AM
daemon_dan posted...
Deaths_Blade posted...

Which boss? I found FF7 piss easy. I usually don't bother with summons except Phoenix, KOTR and Hades. Heck, I almost entirely rely on Enemy Skill stuff that doesn't degrade my stats.
---
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV
#5daemon_dan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 3:41:01 AM
Deaths_Blade posted...
daemon_dan posted...
Deaths_Blade posted...

Which boss? I found FF7 piss easy. I usually don't bother with summons except Phoenix, KOTR and Hades. Heck, I almost entirely rely on Enemy Skill stuff that doesn't degrade my stats.

I'm using a hardcore mod, and for each summon materia, there's a boss battle now. Also, I'm 100%ing the game >.<
---
#6LordSeiferPosted 9/21/2013 4:32:09 AM
you are also using a trainer apparently
---
^ this
#7daemon_dan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 4:35:34 AM
LordSeifer posted...
you are also using a trainer apparently

Was just using it for constant random battles to grind. Might have hit the hotkey on accident :/
---