This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your advise on i7 3770k or i5 3570k?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your advise on i7 3770k or i5 3570k?
3 years ago#1
I have been reading online threads about which is better and its pretty conflicting at times. I mostly use my PC for gaming battlefield 4 for future gaming. So before i buy, i like to ask. Is i7 3770k going to give a better performance over i5 3570k? or i can use that 100$ to upgrade to a better GPU later?
3 years ago#2
The i5 is great for gaming. You don't really need an i7 unless you frequently use applications that use more than 4 cores. If you do heavy photo, audio, and video editing and rendering, you may want an i7.
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
3 years ago#3
there are games that make use of the extra threads.whether that handful of games that do is worth the extra $100,decide for yourself
3 years ago#4
BF4 will be one of the few games that gets some extra performance with an i7 over an i5. I don't think it's worth the extra cash personally.

Also, why not go Haswell?
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
3 years ago#5
reincarnator07 posted...
BF4 will be one of the few games that gets some extra performance with an i7 over an i5. I don't think it's worth the extra cash personally.

This.

Just get a 4670k & a Z87 board.
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!
3 years ago#6
An i7 is without a doubt more "future proof" than an i5. Crysis 3 and BF3 already benefit from the extra threads

But at the rate single threaded performance is improving, both CPUs will probably remain relevant for a long time
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
3 years ago#7
reincarnator07 posted...

mobo's are typically more expensive
it's not that much faster
if you're using a dedicated GPU, the biggest benefit of Haswell over Ivy Bridge (the greatly improved integrated graphics) is lost

the integrated graphics are the only thing worth mentioning about haswell
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.
3 years ago#8
Haswell has better single threaded performance and that's what counts going forward. Also, almost all sites tested Haswell in a pretty high resolution, making the tests GPU bottlenecked.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
3 years ago#9
If i decide to go haswell,

Which motherboard would go best with i7 4770k?

MSI Z87 Mpower?
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Gigabyte Z87x UD5H
or
MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming?

Thanks
3 years ago#10
I have the Z87 G45, which has two less Sata ports and no physical on/off, OC Genie button, etc. And it works great. Save 20 bucks for features you may not need, you know?

Edit: Gaming version, not the standard. There are two G45s IIRC.
"Tren, forget the men, we gotta beat up Om, Zet, and YD cause they stole <Insert name here> secks hack."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your advise on i7 3770k or i5 3570k?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived