This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ys Oath in Felghana is pretty unforgiving

#11helldewPosted 9/22/2013 9:14:01 AM
TC restart play it on normal. trust me when i say normal is hard as heck this isnt a game you start it on hard mode unless you know what your doing (as in this isnt your first Ys game). Oath is a naturally hard game the PC version is harder if you want to enjoy the difficulties play the hard mode or whatever after. that restart now well your still early will save you a TON of time and frustration.

having also beaten this on hard and inferno i would say im definitely one of those insane types but even my first run of this was on normal. this game is just old school and the difficulties reflect that very much so.

any yeah past normal you need to grind. its just how it goes.

and be happy this isnt arks nightmare lol on that you will easily get OHKOed by a ton of things (mind you some enemies mutihit...)
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#12DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/22/2013 9:47:16 AM
I don't know; I was dealing 1 damage all through the fire pits, and I managed fine.
Get good?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#13Tyranius2(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 6:58:38 PM
I restarted on Normal, but it's a bit too easy. I'm thinking it gets much harder later on?
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
Recently retired from Anime =[
#14Chaos_MissilePosted 9/22/2013 7:02:14 PM
helldew posted...
and yeah the PC version is rather unforgiving the PSP port had the retry offset which let you retry in every room you die. the PC version is definitely a fair bit more hardcore. i hope your not playing it on hard either cause this is one game where the normal mode is a kinda brutal. Origin is also much easier on normal then oath is where as origins hard = oaths normal.

also eventually your gonna get the ability to teleport it makes going back for weapons a whole lot less tedious.

I'm playing on the PSP version. But I started on Hard. Am I insane?
Do have some experience with Ys 7 on Normal though >_>
I am personally stuck on this boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mr0P47YsWA
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#15aak57Posted 9/22/2013 7:03:23 PM
The Ys games in general are pretty unforgiving, and Oath is the hardest of the modern games (Oath, Origin and Seven).
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
#16n00blet245Posted 9/22/2013 7:52:23 PM
Are your equipments upgraded?

Anyway, I agree that if you're new to the game that you should start on Normal instead of Hard. Ys games are, as others have mentioned, unforgiving especially in boss fights.
#17LevittaPosted 9/22/2013 7:59:59 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
I'm playing on the PSP version. But I started on Hard. Am I insane?
Do have some experience with Ys 7 on Normal though >_>
I am personally stuck on this boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mr0P47YsWA

It will still be pretty tough, but the PSP version is actually a lot more forgiving due to the addition of double boost and being able to retry in the area you died. I don't think Ys Seven experience will help much though considering its by far the easiest Ys game due to potions.(and multiple party members)
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014
#18Chaos_MissilePosted 9/22/2013 8:13:48 PM
n00blet245 posted...
Are your equipments upgraded?

Anyway, I agree that if you're new to the game that you should start on Normal instead of Hard. Ys games are, as others have mentioned, unforgiving especially in boss fights.

I do have most of the weapons and armor leveled up to 2 and 3. But I'm actually saving up the Ravels for the end-game equipments. Not so sure how to get more since I tend to only get them through one-time-only treasure chests/pots.

And I can agree with the boss fights. I think the only boss I actually did in one try ( or at least, the least amount of tries without going crazy enough to drop the difficulty for the boss just so that I can survive more than 2 hits) is the....2nd boss of the fire volcano. The worst is easily the boss before it.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#19pruvmerongPosted 9/23/2013 12:40:42 AM
No need to save up your ravels. You'll get plenty later on. You should always keep your gear fully upgraded.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SxG-Polaris
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
#20LevittaPosted 9/23/2013 5:56:33 AM
Monsters actually drop ravel ore. Its a lot more obvious near the end of the game though.
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014