This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me any 3rd person game that can be played with controller.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me any 3rd person game that can be played with controller.

User Info: Relix

Relix
3 years ago#21
I edited it don't get ya panties in a bunch

Alrighty then.

I have Skyrim already, guess I could try playing it in 3rdp view.
Random signature number 18.

User Info: ChromaticAngel

ChromaticAngel
3 years ago#22
definitely Darksiders and Darksiders 2
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.

User Info: Ep1taph303

Ep1taph303
3 years ago#23
ChromaticAngel posted...
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966683944/

User Info: ZeraphLordS

ZeraphLordS
3 years ago#24
I get really scared playing horror titles, but I forced myself to play Dead Space, and it was exceptional. Even ended up pre-ordering the sequel, despite getting super-tense and jumping at the slightest thing throughout. Don't feel pressured though, you have to get through on your own mettle, if you ever decide to :)

DMC4 if you like that sort of game, and want more timing/skill based mechanics. Dark Souls if that still qualifies (how loose are we playing with 3rd person here?) is pretty amazing in every way.

Darksiders 2 has better combat, now that they added move cancelling, but Darksiders 1 has puzzles that, while not fantastic, are leagues ahead of DS2's straightforward but time-consuming rooms.
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
3 years ago#25
I thought Alan Wake was real good. Not really a horror game, more like a suspense/thriller. The storyline is great, gets a bit convoluted near the end. The DLC "American Nightmare" is pretty bad too. The base game is fantastic though, would recommend.

I also played Alpha Procotol, probably one of the best hidden gems I have found. I just beat it doing a no-kill run. Very fun.

Spec Ops: The line is also underrated. The shooting is OK but the story is very cool. I play more for storylines than straight up action.
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.

Relix
3 years ago#26

Are these the games people called "mature Zelda" or something? I love the Zelda games so I give these a try.

I get really scared playing horror titles, but I forced myself to play Dead Space, and it was exceptional. Even ended up pre-ordering the sequel, despite getting super-tense and jumping at the slightest thing throughout. Don't feel pressured though, you have to get through on your own mettle, if you ever decide to :)

Well, I get scared even by things that aren't supposed to be scary, like if I get tutorial pop up all of sudden after passing the "tutorial" point of the game, it freaks me out >>
Hell, even a common house fly has me screaming for help ._. (And I wish I was kidding...I once ran out of class room when a fly landed on my hand)

DMC4 if you like that sort of game, and want more timing/skill based mechanics.

Never played any game in the series, would it better to start with the first one..?

Also I tried Dark Souls once, it felt kinda clunky after playing Monster Hunter. And not really my type of game.
And can be any 3rdp game, I broke my mouse hand so I can't play with mouse for a while, and I don't like playing fp games with controller (other than Mirror's Edge).

I thought Alan Wake was real good. Not really a horror game, more like a suspense/thriller.

I was gonna get this game ages ago but my old computer couldn't run it and I forgot about it ><'
Will get this one definetly.

I also played Alpha Procotol, probably one of the best hidden gems I have found. I just beat it doing a no-kill run. Very fun.

Checked some gameplay vids on youtube, how much shooting there is? Asking 'cos the shooting mechanics don't look that good to me :7

I play more for storylines than straight up action.
I play more for the gameplay, but atm I won't be so picky.

Already checked out specs ops earlier tho, might get it but not sure yet.
return 0;

User Info: Shyvana

Shyvana
3 years ago#27
Relixed posted...
Dead Space? Although it is sci-fi horror so I don't know if you'd like it.

Got it from the bundle and didn't get very far, I'm too scared to play it >>

LOL! Funny because it's the same for me.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)

User Info: Animorganimate

Animorganimate
3 years ago#28
Ep1taph303 posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...

A million times this. Darksiders is one of my favorite series in almost 30 years of gaming.
. . . methodical, exacting, and worst of all, patient.

User Info: brainlack

brainlack
3 years ago#29
Relixed posted...
Can be from pretty much any genre, tho I prefer action and not fan of horror games.
Already have played trought Assassin's Creed games and the new Tomb Raider.

cold fear and the suffering
playing re6 with 8x sparse grid ss with 32xs(2x2 ss + 8 ms)+ mixed sample x128 + 32 forced anisotropic then I hear ps4 is powerful than my pc

Relix
3 years ago#30
Bumping this just once, gonna go shopping today.
http://i.imgur.com/WiePs.jpg - bharathprabhu
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Recommend me any 3rd person game that can be played with controller.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived