This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dimmdrive worth it?

#61TimDDPosted 9/22/2013 3:22:03 PM
TheFeshPince posted...
TimDD posted...
I think I'm caught up on all the posts finally!

No, I don't think so.

After watching your video in your signature, all the way through last night... you're DEAD TO ME NOW!

:)
#62TimDDPosted 9/22/2013 3:23:15 PM
CC Ricers posted...
Can you throw most of the Windows 7 OS in to use DimmDrive if you have 16GB of ram?

Is that even possible?

It would be possible I think, but I wouldn't recommend it in a million years. Microsoft is sooo sensitive that I'd be scared to try it myself!
#63TheFeshPincePosted 9/22/2013 3:25:23 PM
I have an all new respect for you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/J0lvB6S.jpg | http://i.imgur.com/DoHj9yA.jpg | http://youtu.be/YXkx-PSwbG4
#64Knight2520Posted 9/22/2013 3:29:10 PM
TimDD posted...
TheFeshPince posted...
TimDD posted...
I think I'm caught up on all the posts finally!

No, I don't think so.

After watching your video in your signature, all the way through last night... you're DEAD TO ME NOW!

:)

If I had extra money right now I'd buy Dimmdrive just because of this.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#65CC RicersPosted 9/22/2013 3:29:29 PM
TimDD posted...
CC Ricers posted...
Can you throw most of the Windows 7 OS in to use DimmDrive if you have 16GB of ram?

Is that even possible?

It would be possible I think, but I wouldn't recommend it in a million years. Microsoft is sooo sensitive that I'd be scared to try it myself!

Okay, because I've seen some tutorials on how to put Windows 7 on RamDisk. But those are too much for me to do.

Do you have a demo I can try out?
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#66TimDDPosted 9/22/2013 3:39:31 PM
CC Ricers posted...
TimDD posted...
CC Ricers posted...

Is that even possible?

Okay, because I've seen some tutorials on how to put Windows 7 on RamDisk. But those are too much for me to do.

Do you have a demo I can try out?

The only way you could really put windows on a Ramdisk is via VMWare or some other virtualized OS. I use VMWare with Dimmdrive every day and its INSANELY fast. I can boot Win7 in under 1 second :)

Otherwise, if you're talking your actual, main OS install, you can't put that on any ramdrive simply because the ramdrive uses Windows... you'd have a non-functional circular reference type of scenario going on.

I don't have a demo right now, but I'll give anybody in this thread my personal guarantee. If you have any problems that I can't solve then just send me a PM on the dimmdrive.com forums (I'm Tim) and I'll refund ya even if you test it out for 2-3 weeks!

After all, Dimmdrive is constantly being updated / bug fixed / features added. We have a major one coming out next weekend that I'm massive excited about. All upgrades cost nothing so there's no loss in getting it now.
#67TimDDPosted 9/22/2013 3:41:38 PM
Knight2520 posted...
If I had extra money right now I'd buy Dimmdrive just because of this.

If I had somebody buy Dimmdrive from this thread right now then I'd order a pizza. We could both be happy!
#68hitokiri13(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 9:12:23 PM
panzerchaos47 is my username at the dimmdrive forums. Thanks.
---
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
#69ChromaticAngelPosted 9/22/2013 9:29:18 PM
hey Tim, how does this software interface with SSD Caching?
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#70TimDDPosted 9/23/2013 5:07:43 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
hey Tim, how does this software interface with SSD Caching?

SSD caching? I'm not even sure what that is?

Of all the things Dimmdrive can do that are highly specialized to gaming, it can still act like a plain `ole hard drive. Just one that operates at INSANE speeds.