This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to shortcut a command to turn off the display in windows?

#1CelebratoxPosted 9/21/2013 1:17:45 PM(edited)
I have a PS3 hooked up to my computer monitor but the monitor's touch controls don't work anymore (from now on I buy monitors with physical buttons). The only way I can switch to the PS3 is to either unplug the PC's DVI cable (so the monitor defaults to the PS3's HDMI), or to stand by/shut down my computer which I want to avoid.

I know you can go to Power Options and set Windows to turn off the display after a certain amount of time, but is there any way to do this on command?
---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]
#2YoungAdultLinkPosted 9/21/2013 1:21:09 PM
There is, actually. I used to use it to turn off the monitor on my laptop when I wanted it to play audio at night. Can't recall the name of the program that does it, but it pops up a little command line, and you have to remember the command you enter. Though you could probably automate the process.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/21/2013 2:16:27 PM
Monitor Off Utility?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#4Celebratox(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:24:03 AM
Thanks that works like a charm.
---
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]