This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to shortcut a command to turn off the display in windows?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to shortcut a command to turn off the display in windows?

User Info: Celebratox

Celebratox
3 years ago#1
I have a PS3 hooked up to my computer monitor but the monitor's touch controls don't work anymore (from now on I buy monitors with physical buttons). The only way I can switch to the PS3 is to either unplug the PC's DVI cable (so the monitor defaults to the PS3's HDMI), or to stand by/shut down my computer which I want to avoid.

I know you can go to Power Options and set Windows to turn off the display after a certain amount of time, but is there any way to do this on command?
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#2
There is, actually. I used to use it to turn off the monitor on my laptop when I wanted it to play audio at night. Can't recall the name of the program that does it, but it pops up a little command line, and you have to remember the command you enter. Though you could probably automate the process.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#3
Monitor Off Utility?
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64

User Info: Celebratox

Celebratox
3 years ago#4
Thanks that works like a charm.
ASUS Sabertooth P67] i7 2600k w/Antec Kuhler] Vengence 8GB 1866] EVGA GTX 580] Corsair CMPSU-850HX]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to shortcut a command to turn off the display in windows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived