This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What Do You Think of the Stock Fan on the Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Do You Think of the Stock Fan on the Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler?
2 years ago#1
What is your opinion on the stock fan of the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler?

Is it worth replacing if it's loud? Just what are your thoughts?
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
2 years ago#2
I think it's fine. I only replaced it because I bought matching fans for push/pull (which probably makes little difference but it was cheap so I did it anyway).
2 years ago#3
Mine rattles slightly at medium speeds... Replacing it soon with a Corsair SP120.
---
Fear is a leash.
2 years ago#4
I think mine gets pretty loud around 70% and higher rotation speed, but I rarely ever even get there. 98% of the time it's very quiet.
---
2 years ago#5
I hated the entire thing, so I bought a Corsair H60, then I hated it, so I bought the Phantek I have now. It's the best cooler I've ever owned. I recommend it to anyone who has the cash to spend on their HSF.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
2 years ago#6
Incendia_Intus posted...
I hated the entire thing, so I bought a Corsair H60, then I hated it, so I bought the Phantek I have now. It's the best cooler I've ever owned. I recommend it to anyone who has the cash to spend on their HSF.

How come you didn't like the two fans prior to your current one?
---
2 years ago#7
The Evo was pretty loud, though that may have been a faulty fan. I don't know. The H60 didn't cool all that well compared to stock and I couldn't get the kind of temperatures I wanted on my OC with it. My Phantek is quiet and does my 4.5GHz OC while also keeping the temperatures down to around 58C-60C.
---
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W
2 years ago#8
It's decent, but tends to wear out quickly. I'd recommend replacing it with Akasa Vipers, as they're basically the exact same thing with a quieter bearing.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
2 years ago#9
Passable, but could be better. I've replaced them previously with Nexus Basic 120mms for quietness, and currently with a ThermalRight TY-140 for some extra coverage and PWM support. Been a while since I've looked up fan benchmarks.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
2 years ago#10
Eh, I can't notice it over my GPU fans.
---
Nothing's non-fat. That's why the world is going to explode one day.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What Do You Think of the Stock Fan on the Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived