This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So steam box..........

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So steam box..........
3 years ago#1
I have steam on my pc, not really sure I see a need for it in console form. What do ya'll think?
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
3 years ago#2
I think you're clearly not the target audience, and it's likely no one else on this forum is either.
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
3 years ago#3
CatToy posted...
I think you're clearly not the target audience, and it's likely no one else on this forum is either.

You're wrong. Valve made it. I have to buy it. I HAVE TO BUY IT.
3 years ago#4
CatToy posted...

Sir, you forgot to check your logic into the reception desk.
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
3 years ago#5
CatToy posted...

I have hear this before. It don't make sense to me. Why would valve not target bringing their current user base to their new system? I mean a lot of people have steam, a lot of console players like myself have steam.

My guess is that valve will have some reason for for current pc steam users to come to their console. I just can't guess what that reason would be.
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
3 years ago#6
There is no point in bringing PC gamers to a weaker system. Valve is looking to expand its customer base.
3 years ago#7
I'll buy it during the summer sale when its 90% off
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
3 years ago#8
Cowboy082288 posted...
CatToy posted...

I have hear this before. It don't make sense to me. Why would valve not target bringing their current user base to their new system? I mean a lot of people have steam, a lot of console players like myself have steam.

My guess is that valve will have some reason for for current pc steam users to come to their console. I just can't guess what that reason would be.

Why?

It's not a normal console. It's just a gaming PC in a small package that runs steam.

It's literally simplified PC gaming for low IQ console gamers.

Like a stepping stone from console gaming to PC gaming.
3 years ago#9
Unless Valve has some uber revision of WINE waiting in the wings, Steambox will flop as a console.

As a concept, however, Steambox is awesome. I already built one. It runs Windows, though, so I can play every PC game that has mattered for the past 3 decades.
3 years ago#10
Lemur_H posted...
CatToy posted...

You're wrong. Valve made it. I have to buy it. I HAVE TO BUY IT.

i totally didnt buy tf2 tshirts, cs:go wallet. steelseries cs:go headphones, engineer coffiee mug
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So steam box..........

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived