This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So steam box..........

#1Cowboy082288Posted 9/21/2013 9:16:47 PM
I have steam on my pc, not really sure I see a need for it in console form. What do ya'll think?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#2CatToyPosted 9/21/2013 9:18:27 PM(edited)
I think you're clearly not the target audience, and it's likely no one else on this forum is either.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#3Lemur_HPosted 9/21/2013 9:22:27 PM
CatToy posted...
I think you're clearly not the target audience, and it's likely no one else on this forum is either.

You're wrong. Valve made it. I have to buy it. I HAVE TO BUY IT.
#4TimePharaohPosted 9/21/2013 9:22:53 PM
CatToy posted...

Sir, you forgot to check your logic into the reception desk.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#5Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2013 9:24:38 PM
CatToy posted...

I have hear this before. It don't make sense to me. Why would valve not target bringing their current user base to their new system? I mean a lot of people have steam, a lot of console players like myself have steam.

My guess is that valve will have some reason for for current pc steam users to come to their console. I just can't guess what that reason would be.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#6Lemur_HPosted 9/21/2013 9:27:47 PM
There is no point in bringing PC gamers to a weaker system. Valve is looking to expand its customer base.
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/21/2013 9:28:46 PM
I'll buy it during the summer sale when its 90% off
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#8Majoras_pantsPosted 9/21/2013 9:34:41 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
CatToy posted...

I have hear this before. It don't make sense to me. Why would valve not target bringing their current user base to their new system? I mean a lot of people have steam, a lot of console players like myself have steam.

My guess is that valve will have some reason for for current pc steam users to come to their console. I just can't guess what that reason would be.

Why?

It's not a normal console. It's just a gaming PC in a small package that runs steam.

It's literally simplified PC gaming for low IQ console gamers.

Like a stepping stone from console gaming to PC gaming.
#9kobalobasileusPosted 9/21/2013 9:34:43 PM
Unless Valve has some uber revision of WINE waiting in the wings, Steambox will flop as a console.

As a concept, however, Steambox is awesome. I already built one. It runs Windows, though, so I can play every PC game that has mattered for the past 3 decades.
#10saltedhamPosted 9/21/2013 9:35:30 PM
Lemur_H posted...
CatToy posted...

You're wrong. Valve made it. I have to buy it. I HAVE TO BUY IT.

i totally didnt buy tf2 tshirts, cs:go wallet. steelseries cs:go headphones, engineer coffiee mug
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!