This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you regularly tune in to a stream or Esport event?

#41KeyeszxPosted 9/22/2013 4:38:48 PM
Nicodimus posted...
You know what's really fun? Playing a video game.

You know what's really boring? Watching someone else play a video game.

WRONG! Watching tournies is really fun. Pro players can do things that most can't or don't have the skill to. The crazy combos in fighting games and the close calls, that's all really fun to watch.

Also what you're saying is essentially since playing sports is fun watching them is not. If this was true nobody would watch football, soccer, baseball, etc.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#42Digital StormPosted 9/22/2013 4:40:51 PM
I'll watch the occasional streamer if they're doing something like a speed run of a game I like.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#43GynthaeresPosted 9/22/2013 5:11:13 PM
Nicodimus posted...
You know what's really fun? Playing a video game.

You know what's really boring? Watching someone else play a video game.

You know what's really fun? Playing sports.

You know what's really boring? Watching someone else play sports.

Of course, different people like different things. I find watching sports to be incredibly boring, but millions seem to enjoy it. You find watching video games to be incredibly boring, but hundreds of thousands (and more every day) seem to enjoy it.

I don't really understand this hatred of e-sports, especially on a gaming site. If we were on an NFL site or something, I could understand it. But here? 'Course, like a lot of things, I think people are hating on it without ever actually trying it out. At least not a good one. Like people hating on Let's Plays and citing their reasoning being like... 13-year-olds who scream into their microphone. That's not how the good ones are.

Personally, I watch a lot of livestreams. It's replaced cable TV for me. Most of them are individuals, but I'll occasionally watch tournaments. Typically SC2 (if it's a big tournament) or a fighting game. I dislike watching LoL or Dota 2, but I can see the appeal of them.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#44Hitman_HearnsPosted 9/22/2013 5:14:02 PM
Only sport I watch is Boxing. ESports seem cool though.
---
"Life doesn't run away from nobody. Life runs at people."
-Joe Frazier
#45BogePosted 9/22/2013 5:48:30 PM
I'll never support that word "esport". It's not a sport.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#46Cool_Dude667(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 8:54:58 PM(edited)
Boge posted...
I'll never support that word "esport". It's not a sport.

"Electronic sports (eSports) is a term for organized video game competitions, especially between professionals. Other terms include competitive gaming, professional gaming, and cybersport. The most common video game genres associated with electronic sports are real-time strategy, fighting, first-person shooter, and multiplayer online battle arena. Tournaments such as the World Cyber Games, the Evolution Championship Series, and the Intel Extreme Masters provide both live broadcasts of the competition, and cash prizes to competitors."

What else would you call it then?
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
#47SnipeStarPosted 9/24/2013 2:25:30 AM
no, i dont live in asia
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#48SlaynPosted 9/24/2013 2:29:08 AM
SnipeStar posted...
no, i dont live in asia

I wish I did, then my country wouldn't regularly place last.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.