This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Like Arcade master race, is PC a dying civilization?

#11DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/22/2013 9:13:15 AM
>Implying prebuilt sales mean anything.
PC has been generating more sales and revenue where it counts, and that's only going to keep going up.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#12steveboblarryPosted 9/22/2013 9:21:56 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
PC has been generating more sales and revenue where it counts, and that's only going to keep going up.

Yep. BECAUSE OF THE STEAM EMPIRE!!!!!!

People try and give steam alot of flak but, without it PC gaming would not be where it is today
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad
#13DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/22/2013 9:25:49 AM
steveboblarry posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Yep. BECAUSE OF THE STEAM EMPIRE!!!!!!

People try and give steam alot of flak but, without it PC gaming would not be where it is today

Only hipsters still hate on steam.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#14SteamsterPosted 9/22/2013 9:28:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15LootmanPosted 9/22/2013 9:36:13 AM
As someone who has to do the history of video games at college, I can say that arcade died out due to their games not being able to outmatch home consoles, only gaining an advantage over home consoles with simulators that aren't cheaply available at home.

Simply put:
1. People had no need for arcade when they could get the arcade at home, PC won't go that way because the convenience of it being at home is already there, if not more portable with Laptops and tablets.
2. People will always need PCs.
3. Consoles started to outmatch arcade, arcades wouldn't find it cost effective to have full modern games set up individually. PCs won't go this way and consoles won't start to outmatch PCs because consoles can't update hardware, even if they could games wouldn't take advantage because casuals are a large market and won't update their hardware.
---
\(._.)/ Kanakiri posted...
._.)/ I think you broke Lootman guys
#161337toothbrushPosted 9/22/2013 10:11:50 AM(edited)
The funny part is based on history, it's actually consoles that are going down the ****ter. Arcades were far ahead in terms of graphics compared to consoles, as you could get a close enough arcade experience in home consoles, arcades were dying, so arcades tried to win back people with gimmicks (full-body machines, motion controls, more light guns, DDR, etc...).

Now consoles are weak. For the first time, the new consoles are quite weak. It used to be that you'd need to upgrade your PC with top end hardware to match consoles within the first year. Now, the upcoming consoles are like mid-level LAPTOPS in terms of hardware power. Within a year APUs will match the next gen consoles. You can play console games on your ****ing office computer. The funny part is that consoles have tried looking to gimmicks like motion controls, Kinect, etc, just like arcades tried.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/bill_zps1f9d3654.jpg
#17yarsPosted 9/22/2013 10:51:51 AM
knightimex posted...
yars posted...
pc prices have been going down for decades.

So has sales, just saying.

pc game sales have been increasing in recent years.
---
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.
#18somebody336Posted 9/22/2013 12:00:08 PM
The PC yes. Gaming PC's no.
#19Digital StormPosted 9/22/2013 12:02:14 PM
I still want a Pac-man arcade cabinet. Finding one in good condition though is another story.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#20steveboblarryPosted 9/22/2013 12:56:43 PM
So wait a second my post got modded because I said

"this topic is now about butter toast"

Wtf is wrong with the Mods on this board
---
Drake the type of dude who understands were Skylar is coming from in Breaking Bad